Two Of My Teen Daughters (15,14) Bringing Home Babies Today: UPDATE!

sounds like they are going to be up tonight with them. My brother had a colic baby that thing was horrible. All I have to say is that I am so lucky that I did not have to do it. They came the next year after I was done with HS Health.

LOL, I think I have one of those dolls disguised as a little black box....My EMS pager! Haha, gosh that thing will wake me up in the middle of the night and keep me up for hours!
big_smile.png

We had the eggs also. My younger brother and sister did the flour sacks. My egg got cracked (the bf/ future ex-husband did it) so I made it an oxygen tent.... lol.

I have managed to keep 6 kids alive since then. I believe my girls will do the dolls next year. THey are twins so will have 2 at once also.

Have a great weekend, grandpa!

Have you considered changing the door locks and not letting them in the house with a baby/babies? That'd really shake them up. Anyone remember the farmer and and his daughter Nellie?

http://www.poetrylibrary.org.uk/queries/lostquotes/?id=191

Farmer: Twas a dark and stormy day when my Nellie went away.
And I never will forgive her till my dying day.
She was sweet sixteen, the village queen,
Prettiest little gal, the valley ever seen.

Now she went away with an actor guy,
With a black mustache and a red necktie.
Farm ain't the same since my Nellie went away
The old cow died and the hens won't lay.

But in my window I keep a light
40 below zero gosh what a night.
But who's that knocking on my front door?

Daughter: It's your little Nell don't you know me anymore.

Farmer: Little Nell well hells' bells,
But where's that actor guy that used to call you honey?
Did he turn you down when you asked him for some money?

Daughter: He's a slick down devil that lies with ease
He's got more women than a dog has fleas.
He left me on the night I was most forlorn
The very same night my little Dummy was born.

Farmer: Little Nell that your dummy
Daughter: Taint no other
Farmer: Looks just like your dear dead mother.
But you can't come in here with that there child

Daughter: Father dear Father you're driving me wild.

Villain: Harky Tarky me fair beauty
If you interfere I'll do me duty
Cause 'm in the position to do you lots of harm
Cause I've got the mortgage on your gall durn farm.

Daughter: He's got us where he wants us pa that dirty rummy
Villain: Give me back my little dummy.
Daughter: Your dummy?
Villain: My dummy
Daughter: Your dummy?
Villain: My dummy?

Constable: Well what's all the ruckus and what's all the stew
And what's all the harm he's brung to you?

Farmer: Well he stole my land and he ruined my daughter
Guess I ought to fine him about a dollar and a quarter.

Cast: Which goes to show the price of sin
Tomorrow night we'll play it again.

Boom ditty a da ? Boom Boom

Last edited:
Someone else also mentioned that and since I planted that bug in their ears, my 13 and 11 year old are now negotiating their fees with them...
lau.gif

Around these parts we don't get those babies unless we take Childcare classes, which I was inclined to make my "major" in highschool; (we also had to wear the sympathy belly for a day, which got loads of laughs~). I'm pleased to say that my baby wasn't nearly as scary as your daughters' (is it the Baby Think It Over project?) and I actually got pretty fond of it. My mother sort of took the same front as you did, and I had to do EVERYTHING by the book.

She wouldn't watch the baby for a second (I didn't shower for four days *dies*), and made me leave the house with her to go grocery shopping and such, refusing to help me carry anything (I had the car-seat, diaper bag, school supplies and later on groceries) claiming that "I did it with two infants, you can handle one"; she was a single mom and my sister and I are barely a year apart in age.

I myself also went the extra mile, little "Ritsu" (yes I named my bouncing baby boy~) was in the car-seat whenever we travelled and by my side every second of every day. I believe I got a "finicky" baby, because there were many a nights when he woke me up, only to want to be rocked~

They're definitely really cool. They calculate how often they cry, how long it takes you to respond and what the response was (changing, food, burp, comfort), if it was shaken or otherwise abused, and you even have to support the neck/head or it snaps back and the baby starts screaming and you lose points!

I'm pleased to say I got a high A on mine, and didn't want to give it back~

Years ago, my cousin's 17 year old daughter came to visit the "big city" with us (Queens, NYC). She was growing up in the same small town I grew up in and was in love with one boy since she was 14 and her one goal in life was to marry him as soon as possible and have lots and lots of kids. So my evil plan was to let her experience what is was like to have three kids, ages 6 months, 2 years, and 6 years, at the same time and pretty much take care of them alone while hubby worked. The kids performed beautifully. Everywhere we went, it was crying in the car the entire time, fussing and fighting, the diaper bag, the car seats, the strollers, food battles, taking the older one to school, picking her up, shopping with them, everything. The two year old went the extra mile and spent one entire day throwing up on the furniture and the rugs, AND got lost at the beach (Jones Beach is miles of the exact same thing and every mile packed with people), and we had a major panic for 20 minutes until we found him. I was sure it would work. Alas, she was married within one year, and had the first kid within a year after that, and within just a few more years had a total of three. No college, nothing.

Well, the babies have kinda been a bust last night. We're waiting for a call from the teacher. Both dolls malfunctioned.

LOL, BOTH malfunctioned??? Fate, that is.
big_smile.png

In my class we did the eggs. Our teacher also paired us up with a "husband" to help with the baby. Interesting class.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom