Two Remaining Mystery Birds

Heiser Homestead

Chirping
May 28, 2020
Maryland
I’m posting a lot lately, but I finally got some better pictures and have hit roadblocks on my own research.

These two are still stumping me...

I got a Rare Choice Sexed Mix from Hoover Hatchery, but they don’t seem to “match” any of the breeds.

1) Cooper: Clean yellow feet, straight comb?, light gray feathers. Was yellow and gray as a chick. Also still hasn’t really developed tail feathers, and seems to be developing slower so I thought maybe Lavender Orpington, but I don’t think the color is quite right and the feet should be white, right. I also thought maybe Prarie Bluebell Egger? But wouldn’t she have green feet and a pea comb if she’s an EE?
F1EEF762-750E-42DE-A35A-0B10172F1E88.jpeg
C423FD9A-9C77-4DE6-8829-1FE298088818.jpeg
D2A602AB-0703-4F61-9524-8F3928B0DA15.jpeg

2) Everett Jr (named by my son, Everett): clean yellow feet, straight comb?, white with speckling on the neck and tail. Was all yellow with some striping on wings as a chick. I was leaning towards Columbian Wyandotte, but I don’t think the comb is right shouldn’t it be a rose comb? Everett Jr. also has some roo-ish tendencies. So gender help appreciated!
7FEFF763-78AB-4771-81D4-5B007CEE35BB.jpeg
52220A57-A8AC-4869-984A-8563778F8317.jpeg
52360CC3-F7F7-4A7B-A8D1-601D38E44888.jpeg

Full list of possible breeds from Hoover’s: Partridge Plymouth Rock,Midnight Majesty Marans, Sapphire Olive Egger, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusian, Silver Lakenvelder, Cuckoo Marans, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Welsummer, Barnvelder, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Starlight Green Egger, Olive Egger, Salmon Faverolle, Cochin, Turkens, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Columbian Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Lavender Orpington.

I’m posting a lot lately, but I finally got some better pictures and have hit roadblocks on my own research.

These two are still stumping me...

I got a Rare Choice Sexed Mix from Hoover Hatchery, but they don’t seem to “match” any of the breeds.

1) Cooper: Clean yellow feet, straight comb?, light gray feathers. Was yellow and gray as a chick. Also still hasn’t really developed tail feathers, and seems to be developing slower so I thought maybe Lavender Orpington, but I don’t think the color is quite right and the feet should be white, right. I also thought maybe Prarie Bluebell Egger? But wouldn’t she have green feet and a pea comb if she’s an EE?
View attachment 2259847View attachment 2259848View attachment 2259849
2) Everett Jr (named by my son, Everett): clean yellow feet, straight comb?, white with speckling on the neck and tail. Was all yellow with some striping on wings as a chick. I was leaning towards Columbian Wyandotte, but I don’t think the comb is right shouldn’t it be a rose comb? Everett Jr. also has some roo-ish tendencies. So gender help appreciated!
View attachment 2259854View attachment 2259855View attachment 2259856
Full list of possible breeds from Hoover’s: Partridge Plymouth Rock,Midnight Majesty Marans, Sapphire Olive Egger, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusian, Silver Lakenvelder, Cuckoo Marans, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Welsummer, Barnvelder, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Starlight Green Egger, Olive Egger, Salmon Faverolle, Cochin, Turkens, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Columbian Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Lavender Orpington.
Splash something, and a Delaware.

Back
Top Bottom