Two Roosters

tammyr2016

Hatching
Jun 23, 2016
I am so upset. The hen I suspected off and on has finally crowed this morning. He/she was always picking on my rooster who is slightly older. Than this morning he/she chased the rooster around until he stuck his head out of the fence and was motionless. Is there any hope that he/she won't bully my other rooster to death? I really love both of them and would hate to get rid of either one.
The rooster never fights back and is very laid back.

I am so upset. The hen I suspected off and on has finally crowed this morning. He/she was always picking on my rooster who is slightly older. Than this morning he/she chased the rooster around until he stuck his head out of the fence and was motionless. Is there any hope that he/she won't bully my other rooster to death? I really love both of them and would hate to get rid of either one.
The rooster never fights back and is very laid back.

I think that it is going to keep happening. Is your pen and run to small for the number of chickens that you have? Maybe there are not enough hens for more than one rooster in the pen? If pen is too small, or not enough hens, you will either have to separate them if you want to keep them both, or get rid of one of them.

I have them in a 10 x 10 run and they free range most of the day. When they are out, they stay apart. But they sit beside each other in the coop at night. There has't been much tension at night except a peck every now and then. He/she fights with the hens so I thought it was just a head hen. It was supposed to be a girl. Ughh. Not happy at all

Back
Top Bottom