? two roosters ?

Thank you so much guys! Could not find this post to reply till now. LOL but now I have another question. Last week I gave up on looking for eggs because I figured it wasn’t happening. Yet today when I cleaned out the coop I found three eggs in the corner on the ground not in The roosting box. Have they possibly been sitting too long to eat? Should I do the candling thing to see if they are fertilized? How soon do they need to be collected to be eaten? And lastly which I don’t think is the case however how do I know it for sure it is a hen eggs and not a duck egg?
I’m pretty certain I have two drakes because they have the curly tails And I have never seen them a attempting to mate. But I’m not sure because I know the ducks sleep on the floor of the coop and that’s where I found the eggs so I’m not sure if their duck or hen.
Also my flock is a bunch of weird ones because the ducks were raised the hens and think they are their parents And get very protective and stressed when the rooster tries to mount them. Again any input is very much appreciated!

Attachments

• 595D59E0-8319-4344-811D-90D27E400BF2.jpeg
    595D59E0-8319-4344-811D-90D27E400BF2.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 0
Thank you so much guys! Could not find this post to reply till now. LOL but now I have another question. Last week I gave up on looking for eggs because I figured it wasn’t happening. Yet today when I cleaned out the coop I found three eggs in the corner on the ground not in The roosting box. Have they possibly been sitting too long to eat? Should I do the candling thing to see if they are fertilized? How soon do they need to be collected to be eaten? And lastly which I don’t think is the case however how do I know it for sure it is a hen eggs and not a duck egg?
I’m pretty certain I have two drakes because they have the curly tails And I have never seen them a attempting to mate. But I’m not sure because I know the ducks sleep on the floor of the coop and that’s where I found the eggs so I’m not sure if their duck or hen.
Also my flock is a bunch of weird ones because the ducks were raised the hens and think they are their parents And get very protective and stressed when the rooster tries to mount them. Again any input is very much appreciated!
You can float test them. Stick them in a bowl of water. If they stay on the bottom you are good to go!

You might give the ducks their own quarters, chickens get stressed easily and won't use the nest boxes if they aren't comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom