two serama chicks 3 wks old pattern?

chickenreyna

Songster
Oct 10, 2017
Oklahoma
Ordered these eggs online. I was curious if anyone knows what they will look like as adults & could post pics or tellme the name of pattern etc..

Heres photos:

Attachments

• 20180608_152658.jpg
    20180608_152658.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20180608_152721.jpg
    20180608_152721.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180608_152709.jpg
    20180608_152709.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 25
Hard to tell at this age.. last one might be a red/orange mottled.
post pics again at 4-6 weeks :)
I figured. I just was unsure if it like some chickens
silkies for example: the chipmunk partridge ones you pretty much kknow how they will look as adults

Thanks can you post a photo of photo of yours?

The older four:
First picture at three days old, the rest at nine weeks old taken the 12th.

Chicks, 4-14-18,  1.JPG : From left to right - Scotch, Copper, Jet, Wren
6-12-18, Wren.JPG : Wren (silkied)
6-12-18, Scotch 2.JPG : Scotch
6-12-18, Jet.JPG : Jet
6-12-18, Copper 2.JPG : Copper

The younger three.
First picture is at two days old, the rest are three weeks old taken the 12th.

5-22-18, Group.JPG : From left to right - Blueroo, CB, Deuce
6-12-18, CB.JPG : CB (CryBaby - he NEVER stops cheeping)
6-12-18, Deuce 2.JPG : Deuce (half the size of the other two, from a tiny egg)
6-12-18, Blueroo 2.JPG : Blueroo (tried crowing at six days old)

For more photos showing the progress of their development in color for the first four, click on my 'Coop' link. The progress tracking stopped when my camera died, and it was a while before I replaced it, so I didn't resume the photo montage.

The older four:
First picture at three days old, the rest at nine weeks old taken the 12th.

View attachment 1434592 : From left to right - Scotch, Copper, Jet, Wren
View attachment 1434579 : Wren (silkied)
View attachment 1434578 : Scotch
View attachment 1434577 : Jet
View attachment 1434576 : Copper

The younger three.
First picture is at two days old, the rest are three weeks old taken the 12th.

View attachment 1434588 : From left to right - Blueroo, CB, Deuce
View attachment 1434582 : CB (CryBaby - he NEVER stops cheeping)
View attachment 1434583 : Deuce (half the size of the other two, from a tiny egg)
View attachment 1434584 : Blueroo (tried crowing at six days old)

For more photos showing the progress of their development in color for the first four, click on my 'Coop' link. The progress tracking stopped when my camera died, and it was a while before I replaced it, so I didn't resume the photo montage.
Thanks. . i am new to this breed. Is there any thing or ppointers you can give me?i know they are the smallest chicken or is the micro serama the smallest SiSize of yyours are they about a little taller than a soda can? Oh i will check the photos out.they aren't very common in the state i live in..new to me:)

Thanks. . i am new to this breed. Is there any thing or ppointers you can give me?i know they are the smallest chicken or is the micro serama the smallest SiSize of yyours are they about a little taller than a soda can? Oh i will check the photos out.they aren't very common in the state i live in..new to me:)

I'm new to them as well - the older four are my first Seramas, and my first chicken isn't much older than them, about 13 weeks now.

Best pointer is to look up everything you can possibly find, read it all, and disregard what doesn't seem logical or is poorly written. Most important factor that I've learned that way, but haven't been able to put into practice just yet;

Don't breed the smallest birds. Have good mid-sized Seramas as the breeding groups, at the larger end of B class or C class. Smaller birds have poorer fertility and are more likely to have egg-related problems. Use small birds for showing, if you show, but not for breeding. Mid-sized birds will produce anything from A-class to over-sized Seramas, with most falling in the middle, and are more likely to produce viable eggs that hatch healthy chicks.

Deuce, of the younger three, hatched from an egg that was half the size of the rest - a tiny egg. He hatched 5/20, on 5/22 he was 13 grams, as of 6/14 he was up to 60 grams. His hatch-mates were 20(CB) and 21(Blueroo) grams on 5/22. CB hatched on 5/20, Blueroo on 5/21. On 6/14 CB was 95 grams, Blueroo was 104 grams, but at the time of weighing they all had full crops.

Deuce needed assistance to hatch, therapy after hatching, but is now a healthy chick. I'm very, very glad that he appears to be a cockerel, since I'd worry about egg-binding in the future if he were a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom