Two threads in one! Why is she bleeding and what breed is this chick!

I know that Dawn is safe on animals, but experienced members tend to suggest soapy water when a sterile solution isn't an option. Saline, Clorhexadine, or diluted iodine are an even better option.
I don't know if I have any of that stuff... not even the dawn dish soap. I do have soft soap aloe vera.

No not lots but it would be a drop every time I cleaned the wound.
Thats nothing to worry about. Take a deep breath, and hold pressure until it stops.
How are you cleaning it? Are you sipping it with a cloth or towel? Try not to rub the wound at all, a rag will be too abrasive and likely pull off a scab causing bleeding.
Just squirt it with soapy water, or even plain water at this point, stop the bleeding and apply Neosporin. She's going to be totally fine.

Thats nothing to worry about. Take a deep breath, and hold pressure until it stops.
How are you cleaning it? Are you sipping it with a cloth or towel? Try not to rub the wound at all, a rag will be too abrasive and likely pull off a scab causing bleeding.
Just squirt it with soapy water, or even plain water at this point, stop the bleeding and apply Neosporin. She's going to be totally fine.
Ok. I was worried cus most birds can die by losing too much blood.

What is this!? It like a solid but also a liquid!
20210703_141709.jpg

Back
Top Bottom