Two threads in one! Why is she bleeding and what breed is this chick!

Pics
She out! Her friends are starting to creep towards her!
20210703_143340.jpg

I'm glad u got it all figured out. I would keep an eye on it just to make sure it doesn't get infected
This is a great suggestion, and its always good to be on the safe side. This is a very very minor injury though. Pecking wounds and broken feathers are very common, and this would have healed on its own even if the OP hadn't intervened. It's good to keep an eye on it, but also keep in mind that you don't have much to worry about. :)
I've seen deep large spur wounds go unnoticed, only to find them scabbed over when I picked the bird up later. Birds are very resilient and can recover from the unimaginable.

What do you mean by creep towards her? She looks good. I also notice that her feathers are very ragged looking. She looks like a commonly bullied bird IMO. I'm not experienced with Turkeys, but that explains the broken feather.
What I mean by creeping is her friends are running up to her and saying hi. Yes she is a commonly bullied bird ... she is the only turkey you see, and we'll, I can't get more. My parents refuse to .

Back
Top Bottom