Two week Brahma chick cannot stand up

Cheepers Peepers

Chirping
Sep 10, 2019
My two week Brahma chick suddenly cannot stand or walk. She does not act sick such as hanging her head or rolled back eyes. Other than cannot walk she appears normal. She is the same size as her sisters. Her feet are not curled, does not appear to be straddled legged.

I have separated her for the other chicks to give her time to get better. I thought it might be a lack of calcium so I gave her a boiled egg yesterday evening. I feed all my chicks starter/grower feed. She is eating and drinking water.

I moved the chicks out of the laundry room 4 days ago to the chicken coop. There are 15 other chicks (RR, PR, and B) all around the same age, give or take a week. The other are doing ok. The weather in the 80s during the day 60s at night. The coop is closed in with a light that has been on since I moved then.

Any clue what is wrong with her? Suggestion on what to try?

is she doing any better now?
Not any better. I have determined that it is not both legs and feet, just the right side. If I pick her up she can move her foot and leg, she just cannot walk on it. She appears to be in good health other wise. She gets around putting her weight on the right side on the tibia.

Video of chick standing/walking would help immensely.
Upload to youtube or vimeo then paste link here.
Couple drops NutriDrench might help...or some other vitamins might help.
Could be an injury(strain/sprain) that just needs time to heal.

Is the light you mention a heat lamp?

What all and how exactly are you feeding?

Sounds like a vitamin B deficiency. Can you give her some vitamins or broccoli, carrots, dark leafy greens?

A boiled egg does not contain a significant amount of calcium. It contains a lot of protein.

Back
Top Bottom