Tylan 200 help.....

aadavidson

Hatching
Jun 23, 2023
After reading several posts yesterday I gave 5 of my chickens Tylan 200 im. They are all showing a lot of improvement. My question is could I switch to the oral or should I give them second Tylan injection? Also, I read on a thread somewhere (but can't find it now) that you can mix the Tylan 200 injectable in the water for the chickens, is this true?

Tylan 200 dose is .08 ml per pound of body weight, three times a day. You can give it orally or by injection. Some do it orally rather than injection since sometimes muscle necrosis can happen at the injection site. Some sources say it's less well absorbed orally than by injection. So up to you. If you inject that's a lot of injections, so it would increase the risk of muscle necrosis, the breast is only so big. I would not mix it with water. If you want to mix in water then you would need Tylosin powder, which is formulated to administer that way.
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder

I agree with coach723. Tylosin powder is the best to put in the water. The Tylan 200 or 50 are for giving direct doses to the chickens either orally or by injection. What is the Tylan for? What symptoms are you seeing? Welcome to BYC.

I gave Tylan 2oo im injection x 2 48 hours apart. They had crusted goopy eyes, respiratory symtoms, sluggish, and wouldnt' eat or drink well. After just the first injection all 4 showed huge improvement and then after the second they are back to complete normal.

I gave Tylan 2oo im injection x 2 48 hours apart. They had crusted goopy eyes, respiratory symtoms, sluggish, and wouldnt' eat or drink well. After just the first injection all 4 showed huge improvement and then after the second they are back to complete normal.
How much did you give? I have 5lb hens that I need to treat

Back
Top Bottom