Tylan 50 dosage for chicks

bcannon91219

Chirping
Mar 3, 2021
Help! I have a bitty about 3 months old who I believe has a respiratory infection. I have some tylan 50 injectable and was wondering if I could use this for my chick? If so what dosage? Please help. Thanks.

Well you could do it. But you really don't know if it's a bacterial or viral infection. If it's viral then the Tylan won't help. You need to weigh her on a kitchen scale. It's .20ml per pound administered every 8 hours. I'm assuming since you have it on hand, you know the risks of injection site necrosis and how to administer it.

What I would personally do is bring her into a safe place for a few days. Be sure to keep her separated. Keep her warm and in fresh bedding. I'd use some Vet Rx for a couple days and see if that helps. She could easily have allergies or a quick viral infection. Probiotics should be given, and electrolytes (with vitamins is preferred). If she's not getting better, and you can't get to a vet, then I'd try the Tylan.

Help! I have a bitty about 3 months old who I believe has a respiratory infection. I have some tylan 50 injectable and was wondering if I could use this for my chick? If so what dosage? Please help. Thanks.
What are her symptoms?
Photos?

You need to weigh her.

Injectable Tylan 50 can be given orally. Dose is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.

Depending on what you are dealing with, an antibiotic can help treat symptoms, but even when a bird recovers may be a carrier of the disease for life.

Here's more info about poultry diseases https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/ps044

What are her symptoms?
Photos?

You need to weigh her.

Injectable Tylan 50 can be given orally. Dose is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.

Depending on what you are dealing with, an antibiotic can help treat symptoms, but even when a bird recovers may be a carrier of the disease for life.

Here's more info about poultry diseases https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/ps044
I understand from the mfg that injectable Tylan, given orally, can burn the tissues in the throat

Back
Top Bottom