Tylan 50 dose?

I have a small flock of chickens and my rooster has a respiratory infection and I have the tylan 50 injectable and I need to know how much to use in their water. Please any help will most appreciated.

I have a small flock of chickens and my rooster has a respiratory infection and I have the tylan 50 injectable and I need to know how much to use in their water. Please any help will most appreciated.

It cannot be put in the water. How much does your rooster weigh?

-Kathy

Hi, I'm new to BYC. Thsee threads have helped quite a lot! I haven't been able to find out a few things about after the chickens are better. How long should you wait after you are done with the tylan 50 shots subQ before you can put them back with the flock they came from, if ever? Also, when are the eggs safe for us to eat after the tylan 50 shots & can you eat a bird in the future that has had tylan, if so how long should you wait? Oh, and if a bird is a carrier, but was never sick can you still eat their eggs and or meat? Thank you!
-Erin

I'm giving my rooster tylan 50 for a respiratory infection. I'm giving .5 cc twice a day orally. He's a lot better, but he's still congested and his eye is still swollen a little. Today is the 4th day. How long do I need to give it to him?

Hey there I have some 14 chickens with some sort of respiratory/ sinus issues. I am currently treating them with tylan 50 injecting under the skin. 1 cc 2 times a day. Just completed day 2. Some are improving some are not. I planned on completing 7 full days of tylan 50. I would love to know the thoughts and advice of anyone willing to share. I feel very strongly that it my be some bacterial infection from their water. I remove chlorine from my house water. I revamped my whole water delivery syestem. We will see if this helps

Last edited:
[/IMG]Not sure? I'm on day 3. All of my girls seem to be rapidly improving though. I also steam vaporize camphor and rosemary oil every night. I've also added dried yarrow and oregano to their food and electrolytes to their water. I'm documenting everything and I will post exactly what I do if I am successful. Here are some photos of my methods.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom