Tylan 50 dosing instructions

It is an old thread, and lots has changed since this thread was started. When giving Tylan 50 to chickens, it is best to give no less than 0.2 ml per pound of bodyweight 3-4 times a day. Since it can cause severe injection site necrosis, I would recommend giving it orally or maybe subcutaneously, not intramuscularly.

Hey Dawg!

I know your up to date on Tylan dosage, I am finding it hard to find a "professional' site for dose Tylan 50 and how many days.
I feel my silkie has Coryza from a wild bird. I can't keep them out. He has facial swelling and had wattle swelling. Now I see small clear bubbles in his eyes and puffy eyes. I think he's had it for about 3 weeks. I've tried Duramycin and Pen G. Nothing better except he runs faster away from me. If I let it run it's course, and he gets himself better, he'd be immune. I ordered Tylan 50 injectable (Made in Mexico) no script needed. Thanks
@seminolewind can you get some photos?
Infectious Coryza reportedly also has a very bad odor - do you notice that?
While Tylan50 may help with symptoms, if you are dealing with Infectious Coryza then using a Sulfa antibiotic along with the Tylan50 may be better.
I'm sure that Kathy, @Eggcessive and @dawg53 may be able to give you more suggestions.

If he's got pus in his eyes, that needs to be pressed out too.

I do agree with Kathy on dosing. (below)

It is an old thread, and lots has changed since this thread was started. When giving Tylan 50 to chickens, it is best to give no less than 0.2 ml per pound of bodyweight 3-4 times a day. Since it can cause severe injection site necrosis, I would recommend giving it orally or maybe subcutaneously, not intramuscularly.

Heres the pics. No odor. It appears that his facial swelling has gone down a bit but now he's got kind of dry flaky skin. Pictures make it look awful.

P1020862.JPG
P1020856 (2).JPG

Heres the pics. No odor. It appears that his facial swelling has gone down a bit but now he's got kind of dry flaky skin. Pictures make it look awful.
Poor thing!
Bubbles in the eye could be Mycoplasma. If you have Tylan50 then I would use that.

Does he have infection in his ears too or any mucous/plagues inside the beak?

Not sure what's going on with his skin. I think I would try an anti-fungal cream if you have that on hand, if not, then apply a bit of coconut oil a few times a week to see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom