Tylan 50 injectable for geese?

Im not sure if this will help but swab my geese for AI testing 2 times a year. I dont have help so I put them on a table pull them into my chest and lock there wings in with my arms and elbows on the table making a cave area for them with my body. They have a pressure point at the top of there jaw just like us us dogs ect. I do a little pressure with my fingers on both sides with the my hand under there jaw so I can hold there neck up against me. There reaction is to push back into me which holds them in position. I can then get a deep swab. I do the same with oral meds. Keeps the pull away down and the head shaking.

Day 3 and he's doing so much better! Thank you everyone!

Attachments

• 20230724_090305.jpg
    20230724_090305.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 3
I’ve found that larger syringes actually work better with geese.

Smaller syringes are harder to maneuver far enough down the throat and it results in the meds getting onto their tongue or down their esophagus which causes them to violently shake their head around trying to regurgitate/ cough it up.

6ml to 12ml syringes are easier to maneuver to down their throat far enough.
Also always ensure that it’s pointed down THEIR right side of the throat as far down as you can get it, then hold their head straight up for a few seconds so the meds go down the throat.
Tylan and terramycin ointment, day 3, thank you!!! ❤️❤️

Attachments

• 20230724_090305.jpg
    20230724_090305.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 3
Sorry your goose is sick. I would give it orally no less than twice a day. Tylan injections can cause severe injection site reactions.

Dosing options.
  • 0.25 ml per pound of body weight orally four times a day
  • 0.33 ml per pound of body weight orally three times a day
  • 0.5 ml per pound of body weight orally two times a day
Tylosin works best when given several times a day.
Tylan and terramycin ointment, day 3, thank you!!! ❤️❤️

Attachments

• 20230724_090305.jpg
    20230724_090305.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom