Tylan 50 injectable for geese?

Tinabuglaw

Songster
Sep 16, 2021
So I have a goose with an infection I believe in the eye. I'm treating him with saline eye flushes and terramycin ointment twice a day. I was told maybe to use Thailand 50 as well the injection form 50 mg per milliliter. It says for use in cattle and swine only. Before I give him this orally I just want to make sure that it's acceptable. I think the idea is 2 CC's for every pound?

After treatment then before treatment

Attachments

• 20230722_084930.jpg
    20230722_084930.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230721_201950.jpg
    20230721_201950.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 4
Sorry your goose is sick. I would give it orally no less than twice a day. Tylan injections can cause severe injection site reactions.

Dosing options.
  • 0.25 ml per pound of body weight orally four times a day
  • 0.33 ml per pound of body weight orally three times a day
  • 0.5 ml per pound of body weight orally two times a day
Tylosin works best when given several times a day.

Sorry your goose is sick. I would give it orally no less than twice a day. Tylan injections can cause severe injection site reactions.

Dosing options.
  • 0.25 ml per pound of body weight orally four times a day
  • 0.33 ml per pound of body weight orally three times a day
  • 0.5 ml per pound of body weight orally two times a day
Tylosin works best when given several times a day.
It says for cattle and swine only. That's the right stuff right? It's probably just used off label right? I just want to make sure it's really expensive and I don't want to kill my boy

It says for cattle and swine only. That's the right stuff right? It's probably just used off label right? I just want to make sure it's really expensive and I don't want to kill my boy
Yes, it's the right stuff. How much does he weigh. If he weighs a lot, you might want to get the Tylan 200 instead. Another option is Baytril. That might be cheaper, and you don't have to give as much.

L, 66
Yes, it's the right stuff. How much does he weigh. If he weighs a lot, you might want to get the Tylan 200 instead. Another option is Baytril. That might be cheaper, and you don't have to give as much.
He's about 15 lb but that's all available in my area.

So he was throwing up the other stuff for spit it out maybe it was in his nose I think I'm going to have to inject him. Is it the same dose? And I put it in the breast muscle right? I used a needle for my chicken before what gauge needle do I need?

Back
Top Bottom