Tylan 50 no longer available?

wleigh1021

Songster
5 Years
Jan 16, 2016
New Jersey
My rooster sounds like he has a respiratory infection. I keep Tylan 50 on hand just in case but my supply is running low so I looked online to buy more and it looks like no one has it available. I can't find 200 either. Is there a problem going on with the manufacturer? Does anyone recommend a good replacement? He is sneezing, has diarrhea, and rattling breath but otherwise eating, drinking, and is active. I've been able to get it at my local TSC in the past.

My rooster sounds like he has a respiratory infection. I keep Tylan 50 on hand just in case but my supply is running low so I looked online to buy more and it looks like no one has it available. I can't find 200 either. Is there a problem going on with the manufacturer? Does anyone recommend a good replacement? He is sneezing, has diarrhea, and rattling breath but otherwise eating, drinking, and is active. I've been able to get it at my local TSC in the past.
I believe that in most states if not all antibiotics have been pulled from over the counter purchases. Tylan is an antibiotic. There has been alot of concern regarding its liberal use or misuse. This causes antibiotic resistance subject cases. Antibiotics are our last line if defense regarding infection. If you need it you will have to go to the vet and get a prescription.

Ok thanks. Do you know of any other medicine that can be used? I don't have an avian vet in my area and want to be prepared if any other birds get sick

Ok thanks. Do you know of any other medicine that can be used? I don't have an avian vet in my area and want to be prepared if any other birds get sick
I'm not sure of treatment without prescription medicines. If he does have a respiratory infection then the rest of your flock will most likely become sick as well. Is there a chance you can get to a vet? It would be best to know what exactly is the issue and treat for that specifically rather than guessing what the problem is. @Eggcessive may have better advice.

Back
Top Bottom