Tylan 50 - where at??!!!!!

Momma Kat

Songster
May 5, 2019
Illinois
Where can I buy Tylan 50 and tiny syringes at? My flock has a few sick with bad respiratory problems I need to treat them all ASAP!!! Please can someone help me find where I can buy it. I’m searching all over online.

Do you know the infection is bacterial?
If the problem is viral, fungal, environmental or whatever else, the Tylan won't help.
For syringes I get insulin syringes from Walgreens and CVS at the pharmacy counter. You just have to explain what they are for so they don't require a prescription and they are usually free.

Last edited:
Do you know the infection is bacterial?
For syringes I get insulin syringes from Walgreens and CVS at the pharmacy counter. You just have to explain what they are for so they don't require a prescription and they are usually free.
Three of my hen are currently coughing and have rattling with the breathing. They have mucus discharge from their nasals. I have two others that currently only have the mucus discharge.

I don't purport to be able to diagnose which of hundreds of maladies that may afflict them from afar. But be prepared if one of your birds should die, to send it to your state poultry lab for a necropsy and lab work so you know exactly what the problem is and how to proceed.
IMO, only a fraction of maladies are bacterial that can actually be cured with an antibiotic.
Here is one of your labs.
University of Illinois Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory 2001 S Lincoln Ave Urbana, Illinois 61802-6178 Phone: 217-333-1620

I don't purport to be able to diagnose which of hundreds of maladies that may afflict them from afar. But be prepared if one of your birds should die, to send it to your state poultry lab for a necropsy and lab work so you know exactly what the problem is and how to proceed.
IMO, only a fraction of maladies are bacterial that can actually be cured with an antibiotic.
Here is one of your labs.
University of Illinois Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory 2001 S Lincoln Ave Urbana, Illinois 61802-6178 Phone: 217-333-1620
Thank you. I agree. I can’t get them to a vet for any current testings. I’m starting today with more natural treatments and go from there. If I happen to lose one, I pray I don’t, then I will call the facility you stated and follow through. Thank you again. I’m worried and probably overreacting. I don’t want to lose any.

Just make sure to provide supportive care, good fresh feed, plenty of fresh water but most importantly, lots of fresh air. Chickens can live well sleeping in trees year round till a predator takes them but a closed up coop will kill them. If the problem is viral, they just have to cure themselves since no medication can cure it. If it is fungal, the fresh air will help that too along with new fresh bedding.

Just make sure to provide supportive care, good fresh feed, plenty of fresh water but most importantly, lots of fresh air. Chickens can live well sleeping in trees year round till a predator takes them but a closed up coop will kill them. If the problem is viral, they just have to cure themselves since no medication can cure it. If it is fungal, the fresh air will help that too along with new fresh bedding.
They all roam free from 20 minutes after sunrise to when they come in to sleep. We are working on building a bigger coop. They get fresh water daily and their current coop is clean out every 4 days. We had gotten 10 new birds and the youngest had a “cold” after they were introduced to the flock. One passed away not sure what from she seemed to not adjust well and after a couple days she passed. Maybe stress I don’t know.
Everyone has been doing well. Then this started.

Back
Top Bottom