Tylan in water?

Kmd1985

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2017
I can find injectable tylan and I can find tylan powder that says to give with food. I cannot find tylan that goes in water supply. Does anybody know where I can find it, or are people just putting the powder in water despite the instructions to give with food? Thank you for any help!

One of them has her eyes partially closed and is having difficulty breathing. I lost an older hen a couple of days ago with similar symptoms that came on very quickly. I'm afraid a respiratory issue is going through the flock although nobody else has symptoms. I've bleached the waterers but wanted to treat at least her and possibly everybody else.

I can find injectable tylan and I can find tylan powder that says to give with food. I cannot find tylan that goes in water supply. Does anybody know where I can find it, or are people just putting the powder in water despite the instructions to give with food? Thank you for any help!

We recently had to give a sick chick powder Tylan. A vet prescribed it to her and she said for us to give her 1/12 of a teaspoon (so, a small pinch based on her weight) in her drinking water twice a day, and for that to be the only water available. Chick got better very qjuickly.

Add on question: Our local feed store has indicated that Tylan soluable for the chickens water is no longer available due to US govt regulations. Is there another 'immune system booster' that can be given in a similar manner? And is it available without a Vet's prescription?

Back
Top Bottom