Tylan in water?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kmd1985, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Kmd1985

Kmd1985 Just Hatched

Apr 7, 2017
    I can find injectable tylan and I can find tylan powder that says to give with food. I cannot find tylan that goes in water supply. Does anybody know where I can find it, or are people just putting the powder in water despite the instructions to give with food? Thank you for any help!

2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Why are you wanting to give your chickens Tylan?

3. Kmd1985

Kmd1985 Just Hatched

Apr 7, 2017
    One of them has her eyes partially closed and is having difficulty breathing. I lost an older hen a couple of days ago with similar symptoms that came on very quickly. I'm afraid a respiratory issue is going through the flock although nobody else has symptoms. I've bleached the waterers but wanted to treat at least her and possibly everybody else.

4. djunafarms

djunafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2017
    Dallas, TX
    We recently had to give a sick chick powder Tylan. A vet prescribed it to her and she said for us to give her 1/12 of a teaspoon (so, a small pinch based on her weight) in her drinking water twice a day, and for that to be the only water available. Chick got better very qjuickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by