Tylan200 Dosage and Treatment Period

STX_hobbyist

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2021
Hello everyone, my outdoors flock recently had some sick birds that I have since been treating with Tylan200 and Vetericyn Antimicrobial Pink Eye Spray. They have had 5 total days of treatment at a dosage of 0.4cc because they are bantam sized birds. So far all chickens have reacted positively to treatment and have open eyes (instead of closed) and energetic attitudes. Our older roo even tried to fight me yesterday and has been crowing at normal length and loudness. My question is whether I should continue treatment or if they are good to stop receiving it. I administer the Tylan 200 once a day as well as spray their eyes. They have no visible symptoms anymore except for some slight swelling around the eyes still. Each bird weighs no more than 2 pounds

What was the medical diagnosis of the disease they were suffering from?
What is the recommended full course of antibiotics for the bacteria you are treating?

I didn't take any to the vet and instead searched on here for dosages since Tylan200 is not necessarily for poultry use and many posts showed inconsistent dosages, but I settled on .4 for my small bantams based on 1/2cc for a 5 pound bird for 3-5 days. I am just unsure if 5 days is sufficient or if it's better to treat longer. My concern is I know the T200 is concentrated and could actually be bad if it's used too long but I'm scared of taking it away and my chickens getting sick again.

Back
Top Bottom