Tylosin from Jedds

Sbr73

Songster
Feb 28, 2021
New Jersey
Has anyone ordered Tylosin powder from Jedds fine avian products? Is it ok to use this if birds are sneezing but not sure if it is due to respiratory illness, but just precautionary? If so, what do I do? New chicken momma. Thank you.

Are the birds displaying other symptoms besides sneezing? Discharge from eyes and nares, facial swelling, lethargy?

Have you ruled out dust or mold? When are they sneezing? When they eat, just once in a great while, or at all times? How many out of the flock are sneezing? Just one, two, or multiple birds?

Tylosin is safe to use if you don't have an official diagnosis, but you don't want to use an antibiotic when there aren't enough symptoms to reasonably suspect true illness.

Are the birds displaying other symptoms besides sneezing? Discharge from eyes and nares, facial swelling, lethargy?

Have you ruled out dust or mold? When are they sneezing? When they eat, just once in a great while, or at all times? How many out of the flock are sneezing? Just one, two, or multiple birds?

Tylosin is safe to use if you don't have an official diagnosis, but you don't want to use an antibiotic when there aren't enough symptoms to reasonably suspect true illness.

One was sneezing occasionally. We figured it was due to dust. They are in a large dog crate awaiting to be put in their coop once finished. I noticed another one was sneezing and weird sound when she was drinking water. The coop will be done by mid-week. The hens are approximately 8-12 weeks old. They go out in the run daily for most of the day and brought in just before sun down. No discharge, eating and drinking normally. Seem fine when they are in the run with little sneezing here and there.

If their behavior is normal and active, appetites good, poop normal, I would hold off on the Tylosin. But I'm one for having it on hand just in case it's needed.

If their behavior is normal and active, appetites good, poop normal, I would hold off on the Tylosin. But I'm one for having it on hand just in case it's needed.
I’ve got one acting normal and active with good appetite and poop but she does have a lot of bubbles in one eye, a bit of swelling around it, sneezes a couple of times and shakes her head a lot. I just got this powder and will get it in 2 days, how long should I treat her for? I believe the whole flock has been exposed and would eventually develop same symptoms, I’ve heard various ones sneezing but no eye bubbles yet.

Back
Top Bottom