Tylosin powder dosage yogurt instead of water

Silkiesonly

In the Brooder
May 16, 2023
Does anyone do Tylosin powder dosage in yogurt? Is that a thing? I have one silkie I ‘d like to treat.
I’m new, I did a search but didnt see anything as far as yogurt/tylosin goes.

I have a 110g bag of Tylosin powder and not sure I understand all the different names for it, but I ‘d like not to buy anymore.

Thank you.

Agreed. Idk why it wouldn’t work, you could split up the doses as much as needed…I would think but really have no idea.

Does anyone do Tylosin powder dosage in yogurt? Is that a thing? I have one silkie I ‘d like to treat.

I have a 110g bag of Tylosin powder and not sure I understand all the different names for it, but I ‘d like not to buy anymore.

Thank you.
Can you post a picture of the product you have?
What are you trying to treat?

Can you post a picture of the product you have?
What are you trying to treat?
Preventive after a water belly drain

Attachments

• IMG_8020.jpeg
    IMG_8020.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 4

Thank you.
Welcome To BYC

Mix in water according to your package directions.

1684290592788.jpeg

Thank you. I’m trying to treat just the wet belly chicken (without separating them), not everyone. Isnt that best?
Ascites (a.k.a. Water Belly) is a symptom of an underlying condition like organ failure or fluid can accumulate when there's a reproductive disorder.

Draining as you have done, can give relief for a short period of time. I gather from your posts you want to administer an antibiotic to help with infection after draining? Some people do, but Tylosin would not be what I would choose. Amoxicillin would be a better choice. Some folks use Baytril.

If you want to leave her with her flock, which I agree, is usually best, then I'd get a different antibiotic that you can administer orally 1-2 times a day instead of one that goes in the water.

Ascites (a.k.a. Water Belly) is a symptom of an underlying condition like organ failure or fluid can accumulate when there's a reproductive disorder.

Draining as you have done, can give relief for a short period of time. I gather from your posts you want to administer an antibiotic to help with infection after draining? Some people do, but Tylosin would not be what I would choose. Amoxicillin would be a better choice. Some folks use Baytril.

If you want to leave her with her flock, which I agree, is usually best, then I'd get a different antibiotic that you can administer orally 1-2 times a day instead of one that goes in the water.
Thank you! yes, exactly , I want to prevent infection at injection site without separating or treating the whole flock. Was trying not to buy anything new. Is amoxicillin at tractor supply? Does it go by a different name, I’m not familiar and these are my first chicks [almost 2 yrs old now but still my babies)

Thank you! yes, exactly , I want to prevent infection at injection site without separating or treating the whole flock. Was trying not to buy anything new. Is amoxicillin at tractor supply? Does it go by a different name, I’m not familiar and these are my first chicks [almost 2 yrs old now but still my babies)
You would need to order the Amoxicillin. Dose is 57mg per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 7-10 days.

https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collect...-equivalent-aqua-amoxicillin-250-mg-100-count

Back
Top Bottom