Tyson "chickens out" (business article)

Quote:
So TRUE and well said! Has been my gripe for years!
There is little you can find that will last past the register!
th.gif
SAD! so Sad! Our kids will suffer....
sad.png

Okay for those of you who bake thier own bread ....do you grind you wheat fresh? If so where do you get your grinder. I used to bake fresh bread and pizza all the time until my grinder gave out....
Sorry for going off topic..
Was it not Tyson who got in trouble this year with illegals?

I'm with you guys. I want no more food from overseas if I can help it, especially China.

The movement for homegrown is strong, but so is the government interference. No, I don't believe our government regulates imported food to any degree like they do the poor American farmer or gardener just trying to do the right thing by providing reasonably quality food and still not go broke.

As one who is looking into getting into all this for the purpose of making a living, it is overwhelming and frustrating. Can it still be done or not within our own shores? Where is the justice?

The worst recent fiasco is what tomato growers were just put through with the salminello (sp) scare and now they say tomatoes were never the source. If I had been one of those affected tomato growers, I'd be seeking a class action suit against our darling government for the whole worth of Fort Knox and then some!

Sorry! My soap box!

Connie

Last edited:
Okay for those of you who bake thier own bread ....do you grind you wheat fresh? If so where do you get your grinder. I used to bake fresh bread and pizza all the time until my grinder gave out....

I use a Nutrimill and really like it. Used to have a WhisperMill til it broke and I discovered the company had gone out of business...Anyway, do a search on Nutrimill and you'll find plenty of places to purchase.

Quote:
How would them going out of business be a wonderful silverlining to these current economic woes when 1,000's of people would be unemployed? Here in Arkansas there are not an abundance of jobs. I don't agree with what they do but I don't think closing them down is going to make the economy wonderful.

I get my meat birds in Sept.

jackie

If Tyson begins to send their jobs overseas then I would guess that those jobs in Arkansas will end up eventually disappearing
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
exactly what happens here in texas. when there's an outbreak of some disease in one of the big chicken houses, all the authorities start canvassing (sp?) the backyard breeders and testing all their birds to see if they were the source that brought the diesease to the big chicken house. it always turns out that it's not, but it's the little guys that always seems to get blamed.

Back
Top Bottom