Uberman Sleep Schedule

HatchingFever

Songster
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
Anyone wanna start with me tommorow? Sleep Schedule. 22 hours of awake time every day and you still get your recommended amount of sleep. so every 4 hours you take a 20 minute nap. Heres it more in depth

basically what they figured out was that within a normal night of sleep you only get 1 and a half hours of REM sleep, which is deep sleep, the most important kind, what this does is give you JUST REM sleep and that's it
it cuts out all the extra worthless sleep so when you lay down for the 20 minute nap you IMMEDIATLEY go into the dream state

its like a whole school day Extra. I heard the first couple days are terrible but once your body gets acclimated to it, you actually feel way better and way more energized and alert than you did on a regular schedule.

Also it's supposed to increase lucid dreams aswell.
What does everyone think?

I think studies have shown that the general populace benefits greatly health wise from having a block of about eight hours of sleep. I've had insomnia all my life, and have spend recent years trying to redirect my body from sleep schedules like this one, because improper sleep has noticeably poor effects on my health (mentally too, talk about a shot memory). It is very easy for me to sleep in this way, and I could do it when I was younger without seeing such poor effects, but it did catch up to me. I've really had to work at training my body to sleep in blocks during hours of darkness (your body releases certain hormones at certain parts of the light and dark cycles, which is one reason why people working night shifts, even if they get a solid block of sleep during the day, still tend to die younger and have health complications related to that). That said, there are a few people who can do things like sleep just three hours or so a night, and have no real ill effects, because of abnormalities of the brain, such as going straight to REM, etc. That said, by all means give it a go, just be aware of what studies say about such things, and what signs to look for.

Last edited:
Hmmm i like the idea but would like to see how it works for you first just hope you don't fallout while standing up lol I'll be watching to see how you do good luck!

Quote:
I think you might need to do some more research, since a lot of that information is wrong. REM sleep is NOT deep sleep. In fact, it is a very light sleep, which is why people tend to wake up from REM sleep. It takes several hours to finally reach REM sleep. Your sleep cycles go like this: NREM1 (just falling asleep) → NREM2 (sleep spindles)→ NREM3 (slow wave sleep 'deep sleep') → NREM2 → REM and repeat. NREM3 is "deep sleep", and is needed for physical health. It has been found people with physical injuries spend more time during the night in NREM sleep than REM, which corrects itself when the injury is healed. REM sleep is needed for mental health. Studies have found just depriving a sleeper of REM periods of sleep caused more serious effects than just sleep depriving a person.

I'd toss you a few of my college psychology books on the matter, but since I can't, that leaves doing some 'net research up to you. That 'schedule' sounds like an awful idea and will not work.

Heres a blog on it
Day one he goes all thw 1 day 2 3 day 1 week 2 week 3 weerk 4 week 5 week etc

Heres one where the guy got tested everyday for 3 months on it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom