1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UFO

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Pinkaboo, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    I've just realised( being new to this) I hatched a chicken and I've no idea what it is!

I assumed because it was chocolate brown it was one of my Pekins chickens eggs
    I have a trio one cockerel two hens all chocolate coloured

He was the only chocolate chick the others hatched yellow and black colours

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also in the incubator were six lavender frizzles pekin mix( didn't get a frizzle sadly)
    [​IMG]
    The lavenders are easy to recognise

Look kin at the chocolate chick yesterday I realised he didn't have the Pekins feathery feet, his beak and feet are black and he has a hump on his head!

I went back to he eBay sellers profile and she does sell silkies and polish, could he be one of these???

He's actually got a frizzles look now the picture is an early one( I'll try post a newer one tomorrow, I pulled a back muscle today and am in agony :/
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know what this lovely boy might be( or girl!)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. OakHillFarm

OakHillFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    I think it is a silkie mix I have one but she has feathered feet its cute though!

3. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK

Oh great that's good then something different, his colour is stunning, his feet are a bit feathered but nothing like the pekin chicks
    He's so shy probably the shyest out of the nine of them, but they are all lovely friendly chicks
    Well except killer, I have a tiny pekin chick that I'm sure would go for my throat if he could
    He lunges and pecks like mad, bouncing about chest out
    So funny to watch but he doesn't fight with the other chicks
    Thinks he's just protecting everyone from the giant hand!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by