Ugh Broken beak- tried gluing

neVar

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Dundurn, Sask
Well tried gluing it again this morning- found him yesterday- seems to bug him- it can be wiggled- it's cracked down to the quick. was bleeding- stopped. I put some crazy glue on it last night- seemed to make him more comfortable then this morning he came out of the coop- went to eat and boom bleeding again-

I think the top cracked portion is hanging a bit 'down' from where it was originally (you can wiggle it a bit- but i can't seem to get it 'up' and to stay there even with the glue

What do you think about filing it back a bit? I think thebottom portion of his beak is pushing on it when he eats. or is it just from pecking to eat? just feel so bad seeing it bleed again this morning. one big drop of blood. Glued it again and he seemed more comfortable. When it's glued he seems better- when it broke open again he makes a bit of a wheezy crying sound just breaks my heart. ON top of finding my little silkie girl dead last night (not a surprise she came to us not thriving) it's been a bad day
sad.png

229637_10150335213661071_612041070_10099552_5193432_n.jpg

I had a poult do this just recently. THe break was top and bottom, behin the quick.

I glued it as best I could, and after a few days it no longer bled when she pecked. Eventually, it grew out.

Good luck!

What about using the stuff they use for artificial nails? It turns hard as a beak and just might be the icing on the beak for him (so to speak). It wouldn't hur to give it a try.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom