ugh i hate my incubator help plz

steve2495

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2009
Lake Forest Illinois
so right after i had my first chick hatch my incubator decided to go freakin insane. it shot up to 130 and no matter how much i turned the dial thing back it kept on goin up. it was at 130 for about an hour i had my thermometer in the brooder setting up for the one little chicky. then i unplugged it and let it cool a little bit. when i plugged it in it did the same the thing going up and up and then all of the sudden it just stopped and turned off. it is rly hot here so the temp held at 93-95 all night. then first thing in the morning i rushed to my parents equestrian barn is about a mile away and also where the chicken coop is, and threw the eggs under a hen that just went broody. one egg is supposed to hatch today and 8 more saturday. do u guys think any will make it. i feel so bad i was so excited for these and now they might not make it
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

did you take the eggs out while it was at 130? if not... i don't know if your eggs have a chance but ya never know.. just let them sit for a couple days and see. im sorry. i do know that during the last couple days, the eggs hold heat more than before that. so, good luck.

Sue

I have heard that during a hatch the heat can go shooting up. I never heard of it going up to 130, though.

I hope they hatch for you. You just never know.

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom