ugh... mom and dad just dont under stand...!

Yeah I would think that 10 weeks would be long enough to get feathered out. My first babies are now going on week 5 and all have their wing feathers and some have their butt feathers.

All of my other chicks (hatched not incubating) are enjoying their big new run and coop since I just moved them outside. I think they're a tad overwhelmed with the size of the run, but they're doing ok.

What are your chickens like and how old are they?

my chickens in the aldult pen? well some are about 5 months old and others are up to 2 years old. all my elder chickens "and when i say elder i mean like 8 years+ old" they have all died but of corse not from me if i get a chicken they stick with me long term! never once killed or gave away a chickie!

Quote:
trust me my mom wouldnt she is a city folk. she was born and raised in the city and then my brother, me, and my dad are all country folk. my mom loves shopping and coach purses she thinks being addicted to coach purses are better than being addicted to chickens! she is crazy!

PS~ my dad came in and i think he feals real bad.. he patted me on the back and acted all worried like i was crying about not getting any chicks... "well i did cry about it last night but it was only because i got my hopes up!" they didnt see me cry though. maybe there is still a chance!?

What you said about your mom made me chuckle. I pictured a GLAM almost celebrity style mom walking around near a hog-pen wearing too much makeup and saying things like "Well I declare! This is too much for me! Harold I'm going to Park Avenue!" or something along those lines ha ha.

So does she know what to do when one of your cows are about to give birth? Personally I'd be lost, but it would help flesh out the mental picture for me *laugh*

I assume your Dad is giving you a good country upbringing eh? I was raised a city-boy, but have fought it all the way ha ha. My brother and sister now still reside in Phoenix and teasingly call me a "hick". What they also know is I'm still the oldest and could still "Lick" them in a fight ha ha.

Ryan

I'm not trying to be a bad influence here, and I think it is something that should be discussed by both of your parents, BUT, the term daddy's little girl didn't just make its self up. I would lean on dad more if I were in your shoes. If he knows more of your arguement, and you hug him enough, it may be enough to sway his opinion and maybe he could convince your mom. Daddy's are suckers for their little girls.

Oh and no crying...from what I know of good country girls, they don't cry...they win over what they want through stoicism, stubbornness, and a sharp tongue but a gallon of grace.

Getting a pat on the back from Dad is Step 1...you've won a small battle. Dad's usually give in to their daughters unless they're way out in left field. I should know...my father hasn't ever NOT given in to my spoiled little sister.

tongue.png

i cant really say anything bad about my parents they are great! but it just kinda made me sad that i got my hopes up for little ameraucanas and then nothing.. but wait!! my dad just told me to go get my money, i did and we went off to the feed store and came back with 3 buff orp pullets! they didnt have any ameraucanas left but i guess oh well better buff orps than nothing!! i am oooo happy! i told both my parents thank you SOOO much! and gave them a big hug and kiss. i dont know what i would do without them!!

Bri,

I guess I was right and that DAD's DO give in to their daughters. Way to go and even though you didn't get the ameracaunas, tell us how the buffies do.

Went to the feed store myself today and took my pup. He got a hoof to gnaw on and the chicks got some grain and scratch and they were loving it.

Good for you though and happy ummmm....baby chicken...getting day?!? Let us know how it goes raising the little buggers.

PS: My chix will tell you that ants are a great source of protein and fun to catch.

the only problem is, i think i got a cornish in with the buffies!!!
ep.gif
i dont know for sure but once i get back from school i will try and get pictures and make a seperate post for that. i dont want a cornish because i have had one befor and she died at a very young age!
sad.png
and i have heard other people "who dont kill their chickens" say that theres died very early as well... do they even start laying eggs befor they die? i really REALLY dont want this little chick to be cornish!

well the good thing is that at least i got 2 buffs for sure. at the fead store i didnt even think about looking and seeing if one was cornish.. i just grabed them all! and a few days ago at the fead store they had a bunch of baby cornish chicks.. i am wondering if only 1 was left and they desided to through her in with the other chicks who look like her?! at least i hope it is a her... i didnt even look at the cornish cage to see if it said pullet.. wow what a day!

Back
Top Bottom