Ugh, need to start over

Personally, I NEVER have my hatching eggs or chicks shipped. I always drive to the breeder and pick them up in person. I understand that that is not always an option for some people, but why pay high shipping and get stressed birds when you don't have to do so? Local breeders are often very experienced with the breeds that they sell, and you will often get better quality birds than you will from hatcheries. What I mean by better quality is that many local breeders raise show-quality birds. Hatcheries typically don't.

Sorry, just saw this! I did find someone nearby (in Wrentham MA) through Craigslist who had them sexed and vaccinated. Picked them up yesterday, so we have 4 new babies!
ErikaRI have you found chicks? You haven't posted for awhile. I haven't found any locally that are sexed and vaccinated. May order from mypetchickens.com as I can order just 3 chicks though the shipping is pretty high.

We now have an australorp, a golden- and a silver-laced Wyandotte, and a polish top hat. She claims they were 2 weeks old, but they seem small to me. (Also it seems like they sleep more and poop less than our first batch!)

Back
Top Bottom