Ugh, need to start over

ErikaRI

Chirping
May 20, 2017
So, we had 3 beautiful month-old chicks, and had just started letting them sleep in the coop at night. And on their second night, I forgot to make sure everything was latched, and something got in and ate them.

So, does anyone know whether I have options for getting chicks right now? I know it's late in the season. I'm in RI.

Feeling so sick about this...

Sorry to hear you had a boo boo.
I know for sure you could order from Ideal Poultry but I don't know it that would be too long of a travel for chicks.?
there are many many hatchery out there...Where did you get your previous chicks?

Are you sure that the latch was the problem....there is no other damage to your coop where something may have "gotten in"?

So, we had 3 beautiful month-old chicks, and had just started letting them sleep in the coop at night. And on their second night, I forgot to make sure everything was latched, and something got in and ate them.

So, does anyone know whether I have options for getting chicks right now? I know it's late in the season. I'm in RI.

Feeling so sick about this...
Sorry about your chicks. Most hatcheries have chicks now. Perhaps if you wanted something special they could be sold out but if you're flexible you can certainly get something.
This whole navigation system is new but if you can go to the site map where you are perhaps someone in your area has chicks.
In many feed stores you can post a sign. Good luck.

It was definitely human error...
Sorry to hear you had a boo boo.
I know for sure you could order from Ideal Poultry but I don't know it that would be too long of a travel for chicks.?
there are many many hatchery out there...Where did you get your previous chicks?

Are you sure that the latch was the problem....there is no other damage to your coop where something may have "gotten in"?

:(

It happens...you will learn from it.
Good luck with the next batch!

OH so sorry. I'm also wondering about where to get late chicks as I was planning not to get them until next year, but maybe June ones. I know one place but a 4 hour drive. --Kansas City metro Missouri--

I know our feed stores around here are still getting orders in that people preordered & always order some extras that need new homes. Maybe check around at feed stores in your area. If not as others have said, you can still order from hatcheries although some breeds might be out of stock. I have ordered from Meyer in Ohio the last few years, as they are closest to me in PA.

Back
Top Bottom