Ugh... (pics added)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ladycrotalus, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ladycrotalus

ladycrotalus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Massena, NY
    Someone dumped a mom and a bunch of baby domestic rabbits at a campsite up the road. I guess there are like 15-20 total. Ill post pics when i catch them all. [​IMG]

11 babies and 1 mom is all we could find. The only way to get back there is by 4 wheeler so i bungeed a cage to the front of my brother's and drove it down there. It was fun, i now want my own 4 wheeler.
    Catchin the bunnies wasn't so much fun, had to pounce on them in the woods and chase them everywhere. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lil tan and white broken has a front foot injury, looks like a nail is ripped off.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Don't you just love "responsible" pet owners [​IMG]

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Someone dumped off a momma cat who was majorly preggo off at our house. They also dumped a little male half grown kitten at the same time. I think people think if you live in the country they can ditch thier pets on you. We have 2 others cats so I think these 2 came up to the house to get thier food or something. I felt sorry for the preggo female because she is only a half grown cat maybe 4-5 mos old. She is all grey with big round yellow owl eyes and very sweet. She had 5 kittens last night arrrgg.. They are really cute and strangly colored. Now I have to try to find homes for them all.[​IMG]

4. bantamamba

bantamamba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    That's horrible.

A few months ago we rescued a very domestic bunny from the side of a busy road. Small, sweet, softest thing you've ever touched, plump, tame and some sort of exotic breed. Put up FOUND notices everywhere but nothing. Ended up giving him to a friend as we have no room for any more animals at present. He is now the heart of that family. I still see obviously domestic rabbits around the neighborhood, not the garden variety cottontails or jacks. I was also very briefly in kahoots with a certified "rabbit rescuer" who takes in abandoned rabbits and either finds good homes for them (after spaying and neutering if needed) or gives them a happy life on his many-acre ranch.

I absolutely loathe the throwaway-pet mentality of some people. A**holes.

5. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    they are so cute, people are so cruel

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Thats so sad...
    I hate people..

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Beautiful babies! Such a shame some idiot would dump them. [​IMG]

8. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]
    And my parents wonder why I want to be a Marine. I dont play well with others, especially when someone is heartless enough to do something like this! I have a rabbit that was found in the middle of a busy intersection. Gandalph is a california cross and is the sweetest boy ever! A fat boy, but still a sweet one!

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:x 2

10. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:x 2

x3 if you lived closer I would take a few home with me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by