UGH!! Rapping presents.

bun.gif
bouncy bouncy bouncy
ya.gif

tongue.png
ha ha...that's what you get.

So a wee bit ago my neighbor and his girlfriend and their 2 teenage daughters left after putting my bouncy bouncy horse together. We watched A Christmas Story, laughed, and shared stories. Kinda nice to have some giggles and company after the kids went to bed. Surprised we didn't wake em up.
tongue.png

And now I'm REALLY excited...I found some duct tape. Guess what I'm gonna do now at 12:30 at night? Come on guess.
lol.png

My Mom wrapped presents at a nice Fifth Avenue store (Bendels or Bergdorffs I believe) as a teen during WWII, so I learned her simple technique at a young age. I always liked getting creative with packages when time or resources allowed, but I could also slap together a decent looking last minute gift too.

I like it when I have lots of presents to wrap. It means it's been a fruitful year and I have lots of friends and family to share the joy. This year has been less than stellar for me, at least on paper, but that's OK as I know things will get better. Happy holidays everyone!

I went to bed somewhere between 3 and 4. Then my youngest had an accident and so I had to get up and make it right. I believe I had just entered REM. Now presents have been torn open...looking for a screw driver to insert a few batteries. Then nap before we go to grandma's. aaaaaah....nappy time.

Merry Christmas all you "rappers, er wrappers."

My husband HATES to wrap, come to think of it he also dislikes rap. But anyway, my Mom, who is a great seamstress made him several cloth bags out of Christmasy material with draw strings in the top. He just drops in the gift and pulls it shut. It makes Chrsitmas morning very quiet (no noisey paper getting ripped off) but it also makes way less mess. We just fold up the bags and he's set for next year. She has made really big bags for weird shaped gift in the past. Then we use these "Santa Sacks" to transport a bunch of little gifts to the brother's house. Works out great.

Back
Top Bottom