Ughh something got my duckling :-(

I had some cats trying to get my chickens. They won't be back. Check with your local laws a few years ago I had 2 goats killed. by dogs. I would have shot them but I wasn't there. Dad was and after i threw a fit. He called the dog catcher to come get one and he said any animal harming live stock to shoot it on spot. This is in W. KY.

Awww, were those the three you just hatched? Very sad!
hit.gif

Quote:
The youngest one was from the last hatch..Mr Freckles
sad.png

I don't think it would have been AS difficult if they had atleast been consumed..atleast then I could ust attribute it to one of those circle of life kind of things...nature will be nature. But with no rhyme or reason behind it it becomes a little harder to accept.

Thank you all for the sympathies. We went to home depot and got some supplies to put a top on the existing enclosure so hopefully this won't happen again.

So sorry for you. Its hard enough loosing them- but when its under such horrible circumstances- its even worse. Im sure everyone does there best best when building a cage to house ducks to make sure its safe and predator proof- and its sad that sometimes we only find out its weaknesses by something like this happening.

Back
Top Bottom