Ughhh! What do I do with this rooster?!!?

The Chickeneer

~A Morning's Crow~
9 Years
Jan 9, 2011
Central Valley California
So I have two separete coops, one where my older rooster sleeps with his hens, and one where all their young (3-5 months) children are. This morning I found one of our young roo's dead in the coop with the older chickens
hit.gif
. I know the Older rooster killed him
barnie.gif
, because he is the only chicken I've ever had with a criminal reccord
hide.gif
. He has killed several hens, attacked many more, and nearly killed my grandmothers rooster one time. He does not like black hens, white hens,and large hens, and some times he just attacks whoever. I had a black java(large and black) and I remmember her having the bloodiest head, so I kept her cooped up until she recovered, but now she's dead
th.gif
. Right when I saw the little one dead, I was so pissssed
somad.gif
I grabed a net cought him and threw him in one of my stall coops where I usualy keep his recovering victoms. The only thing on this earth that is keeping me from grabbing his head and wacking him against a rock and feeding him to my dog is my dad. He is my dad's favorite rooster, he gave him to me when he was a chick. The first time he killed one of our hens(years ago) I was running after him and was about to sell him on craigslist, then my dad got all defensive
rant.gif
, so we still have him
he.gif
. Now today was the only time, after years of killing my hens, my dad was on my side, and it's probably beacuse he killed his own little rooster son( he had hatched on easter sunday this year). If you have a rooster to breed, and make chicks, and killes them, then whats the point of keeping that rooster. Now, I dont feel like eating his billion year old drumsticks
tongue.gif
so what do I do with this rooster?

Just sell him I would say. At least then you could make a few dollars out of it. Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

I wouldn't sell him or give him away, either. No sense in giving someone else your problems! There are too many good roosters out there to put up with one that exhibits such heinous behavior, so if he were mine, I would put him down. Good luck!

No one is going to buy an old, aggressive rooster. You can offer him up for free for someone else's supper and maybe somebody will take you up on it. Maybe. Any rooster who kills a hen, is that rough and aggressive, should be sent to Freezer Camp, IMO.

Kind of irresponsable to sell him and make him someone elses problem. I suggest you give him to a rancher and let the mean rooster fend for himself with the cattle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom