Ugly Chicken Contest!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Blisschick, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    It's that time of year again, peeps! The catwalk is aflood with the unfortunate wardrobe change of our feathered friends. I would like to introduce my poor BLW that I just discovered today. None of her other sistern are suffering from a sudden hard molt...most are doing it gradually, in patches. None of my other chickens are either, for that matter, but I do have a turkey that's missing a tail. I'm guessing this girl is either the unsuccessful broody or is a victim of last week's cool, rainy weather. Fortunately, it's been in the upper 90's all week here, so she's probably enjoying it. I'm just feeling for her dignity right now. She's looking downright ratty. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww Stacey, that poor girl. I have a couple in a hard moult right now too. I tried to get pics of the one girl yesterday but she would have no part in it. I'll try again today. lol She is so ugly right now..the poor thing. [​IMG] Good thing those feathers come back in.

Jody

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

WOW!!!!!

LOL Poor chicken, I've never seen one in hard molt before.

Just make sure you tell her she's beautiful every day, LOL that'll keep her happier - maybe bring her some flowers (that she can eat, tee hee) - or hang a pic of her pre-molt - so she thinks it's a mirror, tee hee.

LOL Peace -
    Meriah

4. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Quote:The shame must be too much for her to bear! Imagine running around in a pen full of people with no clothes on! [​IMG]

5. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    awww, give her a sweater. Bet she is a beauty when her feathers grow in.

anne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by