Ugly Chicken Contest!

Blisschick

not rusty
12 Years
Feb 20, 2007
Shepherd, Texas
It's that time of year again, peeps! The catwalk is aflood with the unfortunate wardrobe change of our feathered friends. I would like to introduce my poor BLW that I just discovered today. None of her other sistern are suffering from a sudden hard molt...most are doing it gradually, in patches. None of my other chickens are either, for that matter, but I do have a turkey that's missing a tail. I'm guessing this girl is either the unsuccessful broody or is a victim of last week's cool, rainy weather. Fortunately, it's been in the upper 90's all week here, so she's probably enjoying it. I'm just feeling for her dignity right now. She's looking downright ratty.
sad.png

molt01a.jpg

molt02.jpg

Aww Stacey, that poor girl. I have a couple in a hard moult right now too. I tried to get pics of the one girl yesterday but she would have no part in it. I'll try again today. lol She is so ugly right now..the poor thing.
gig.gif
Good thing those feathers come back in.

Jody

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!

LOL Poor chicken, I've never seen one in hard molt before.

Just make sure you tell her she's beautiful every day, LOL that'll keep her happier - maybe bring her some flowers (that she can eat, tee hee) - or hang a pic of her pre-molt - so she thinks it's a mirror, tee hee.

LOL Peace -
Meriah

Back
Top Bottom