UGLY coop colors

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
As much as I would love to be able to paint my coops in any color my heart desires and be able to afford premium paints, I can't. I have to pinch pennies. This means shopping the mis-matched paint aisle at walmart.

With my first coop I lucked out. I found the right paints in the perfect colors; two of my favorites - confederate gray for the interior, Carolina blue for the exterior.

We just got home from paint shopping for the juveniles coop. I wasn't as lucky this time. I don't have to worry about painting the exterior; it's already tan with brown trim. That will work until I can afford to repaint it.
It's the interior that's going to be awful. I got Kilz paint and primer in one for the very low price of $7 (reg. $27), but it's "free range egg yolk" orange. For the floor, super tough paint, in brick red.

I sure hope my chickens will want to enter the coop and won't hate me forever.
fl.gif

oooooooo I love mistints! I have a whole yard of things painted with mistints. Pinks, purples and lavenders, blues, greens, yellows. I've got a fence made from pallets of all colors. Just got a 5gallon bucket of "Plavender" a pinky lavender cross. Haven't decided what I'm gonna use that one on!!

Quote:
I've found that paints hold up better. The paint I got for the floor is called an extreme adhesion paint. Will hold up well to frequent coop cleanings - scraping the floor with the manure shovel - and any water spills.

Back
Top Bottom