Uh, is someone ready for lockdown a little early?

I keep telling them if they don't stop eating they're going to explode :lol:

Attachments

• 20220306_165154.jpg
    20220306_165154.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220305_223629.jpg
    20220305_223629.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220305_223501.jpg
    20220305_223501.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 4
I can tell they have grown. Have they been outside yet?
Not yet, except Chloe. I took Chloe out to warm up in the sunshine after we tried to clear up her nose a few days ago. They're so fast(!) and we have lots of hawks and neighbors that don't believe in dog leashes. I'll have to make some kind of baby gate. It's so interesting, they're got necessarily growing in size according to who was born when.

It's getting better, but she still gets water stuck in there when she gets in the tub, so she doesn't like swimming like the others. :hmm
I was just going to mention, for flushing it out, get one of those syringes with a small gauge needle, fill it with saline, and squirt the gunk out. It does a good job of cleaning them out.
Her nares seem abnormally small to me. Maybe that's just the Call influence?

I was just going to mention, for flushing it out, get one of those syringes with a small gauge needle, fill it with saline, and squirt the gunk out. It does a good job of cleaning them out.
Her nares seem abnormally small to me. Maybe that's just the Call influence?
I agree! Her names seem super small, even in comparison to the others! I was worried about saline because of the salt, but that's okay?

These little guys are being the death of me with the 24/7 water and food. Do I need to take it out periodically? It's all starter food/oat/nutritional yeast mix ground into a powder in a feeder and water in a waterer and also a separate cup for head dunking. As soon as I put the waterer in there, they go to town until they've splashed almost all of it into the little water porch, the brooder floor, or on themselves, or used to to eat/drink. Same with food. Some of their crops are looking pretty full. Do I need to worry about them gorging themselves? I moved the food away from the water because they were turning it into a paste and I was dumping 90% of it out, and I figure the excercise of going back and forth is good for them- at this rate, they're going to be some chubby ducks! Everyone is eating/drinking/pooping/napping regularly. A couple of the ones that are growing faster are a bit lazier, but nobody is acting off at the moment.

Attachments

• 20220305_223604.jpg
    20220305_223604.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Mine ate round the clock too, so I think they need to have food and water down 24/7 right now. what are you using for head dunking? they really are messy little creatures that's for sure. Mine was around 5 weeks before I took food and water away from overnight. I'd be worried if you take feed up for even a short period of time they would gorge themselves worse.

Back
Top Bottom