Uh oh... found an egg today! ... - A journal of sorts, from finding eggs to hatching them... Update

LOL, NO NO NO!!!!
Well.... maybe, if you come help clean brooders? That's what burned me out, bad! Too much work!
th.gif

No goal this year, except SELLING more eggs than I hatch!

I do usually sell most of them within a few days (once I know everybody's feet and legs are good and they are all eating and drinking well), but not everyone that buys keets wants every keet from each hatch, and they want certain colors, so there's always some left overs (plus last year I kept about 75 keets for myself until they feathered out and I weeded thru and kept only 50 or so of the prettiest birds, lol)... and when ya have 4 double stuffed incubators going at once with staggered hatches and around 30-40 keets hatching every 4 days, your brooders get full, and your grow out pens start filling up etc
th.gif
I clean my brooders daily, or even AM & PM when they are on the towels and shelf liner. They are little 100 mile an hour poop machines zippin' around steppin' in poop gettin' poopy feet at day 2
barnie.gif
So basically it was all the cleanup, feeding and watering I got burned out on.

Since I have so many colors now, I shouldn't have a reason to keep many keets for myself this season (tho it'll be tempting, lol)... I am expecting some new colors to turn up in the mix tho and I'll of course want to keep those, lol. (I'm hoping at least for some Blondes and Lite Blues and a few more non-pearled colors). And I am going to keep a flock Whites to butcher too.

This year I'd rather wear myself out collecting all the eggs... lol

We have had an unseasonably warm winter here and I have the Jumbo Pearl Guineas. I absolutely LOVE my Guineas, lol. They are laying now as well. I don't know if they are breeding but i've got 8 hens and i am getting 5 eggs a day right now, lol. They are just as good to eat as a chicken egg so we are blessed with eggs for breakfast now. They are actually laying better than my chickens right now. Out of all the birds I raise my Guineas are my favs, lol.
thumbsup.gif

OK DANGIT!!!! I'm doing it AGAIN!!!!!...
he.gif
I already fell off the wagon, and it's ONLY JANUARY!!!
I'm ashamed of myself
hide.gif
So much for using some self control this season!

Batch #1 is due to hatch in about 2 wks, batch #2 is due to hatch in about 3 weeks and I now have batch #3 waiting and ready to go into an incubator before I go to bed tonight, ugh.
(Mannnn addiction stinks sometimes!!!)
smack.gif

he.gif
I'm ashamed of myself
hide.gif

Batch #1 is due to hatch in about 2 wks, batch #2 is due to hatch in about 3 weeks and I now have batch #3 waiting and ready to go into an incubator before I go to bed tonight, ugh.
smack.gif
All I can say is ........ Bwhahahahahahah.......
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

he.gif
I'm ashamed of myself
hide.gif

smack.gif

LOLOLOLOLOL.......... I wish I lived just down the road from you!!! I would be over everyday helping, swapping.... but then again we would feed off each others excitment and have MILLIONS (I like the sound of that) I am really excited about all this peeps. I can't have your colours, but at least this way It's like the next best thing!!

Really love the pic of the cracked eggs, I actually didn't realize you could tell fertility or not by fresh, I knew the bullseye thing, but thought all eggs had that regaurdless........

Keets galore here LOL most have hatched, only one cinnamon pied though (one is better than none I guess) 3 lavender pieds, and HEAPS of pearl pied, still about 10 to go PLS, PLS..... PLS silver pied? Most aren't as pied as hoped, but all are more pied than alot of my breeders, so gotta be happy about that. My dreams of Pinto might take longer than expected, but at least getting there slowy.

OK, so now the clock is ticking, days getting shorter, Guineas starting to get ready for end of breeding season break..... I MUST find as many eggs as possible, and HATCH like mad, ( Ithink i've gone crazy) actually no, I am hahahaa. I have to wait for things to dry out a bit, and then catch and pen my breeders to get another lot of eggs. Found about 15 eggs in the flood water yesterday
:( Still going to set them, but don't like their chances of hatching.

But on another note, I did pen up a trio of guineas that should produce silver pieds ..... Cock bird is heavy pied lavender split cinnamon, and hens are light pied pearls, double split (lavender and cinnamon) and have got about 15 eggs from them, set under banty's and all are fertile. About 2 weeks to go for that lot. Gotta get some pics, and put em up for you guys.

Having a break from landscaping cos ITS.......... WAIT FOR IT................ RAINING!!!![FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
he.gif

Anyhoo washoping to see some picture but alas nothing :(

Back
Top Bottom