Uh oh... found an egg today! ... - A journal of sorts, from finding eggs to hatching them... Update

Yikes, that's right you have giant lizards down there that eat babies and stuff, lol. That's really creepy they raid the Guinea nests!

I found another egg just a little while ago, in a different coop tho... it's from a 1st timer/pullet too, but it's a normal sized egg. The weather here is crazy right now, warm days, and just above frosting temps at night (still cold tho!). It's been very spring-like, but only a little rain here and there. We have not even had a real winter yet. Those poor young pullets don't know what's goin' on!

I'll cook this egg for the old dog too, that flock just went thru their 2nd 3-day dosing of Fenbendazole wormer
hmm.png

A friend of mine always says nothing is ever a sure thing with Guineas, and if you do tell someone that something with them is a sure thing... eventually they will make a liar out of you
roll.png

Just went out to refill all my hanging feeders... found 2 more tiny eggs in the same coop that I found my first tiny egg in on Sunday
ep.gif
Not sure if it's the same Hen laying these little eggs or not... might be tho, maybe I just happened to have missed yesterday's egg, I looked twice tho! These 2 eggs are similar in size/shape/color to the first one, maybe a hair bigger.

Dangit, if I had just wormed 2 weeks earlier I'd be having a Guinea egg omelet tomorrow
hmm.png
Oh well, my old dog will be happy at least.

Handsome Coral Blues
smile.png

Kinda funny that you'd post pics of Coral Blues on this particular thread... I think it's one of my Coral Blue Hens that's laying the mini-eggs!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL floodgates no kidding! It might be an early season this year for the 1st timers, but as soon as winter actually hits, they may stop for a while. We'll see if my older breeding Hens will wait til mid Jan/early Feb before they kick it into gear or not. I'm not ready to incubate yet, lol I'm still recovering from last season and have around 30 birds left to sell!
he.gif
Oh well, the brooders are empty and waiting at least
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom