Uh oh... found an egg today! ... - A journal of sorts, from finding eggs to hatching them... Update

I'm not sure which one of you enablers forced me to set so many eggs at once, but holy moly is this hatch keeping me busy!!! The hatcher's disgusting, but I can't mess with it cuz I still have keets hatching, lol. I've just been popping out a window, reaching in and grabbing the dried fluffed toe eating keets.

Here's 2 brooder fulls so far, I'll need a 3rd for the rest that are still in the hatcher, lol.

This hatch was a mix of eggs from 3 of my flocks, major color assortment!

Check these 3 lil guys out, talk about variety
big_smile.png

Most are sold already once the hatch is over and they are all running around well, eating and drinking well and ready do go to a new home, but I am keeping all of the Chocolates, Blondes and there's either an Opaline or a really light Lite Blue too. And I'm already planning on where I'm putting the new coop... ugh, lol.

Ohmygosh those keets are SO pretty!!! What colors are the three? I see a purple, a...cinamom? And a chocolate? Idk. I am not good at this--always have to consult the color charts. :p But, I can see they are gorgeous! You have such a nice variety of colors.

As for my silkies, the only one I would let go broody (that isn't too valuable laying her own eggs) has no interest in eggs. I have tried her two or three times now, and she acts like I'm suggesting something disgusting! Seriously! She did, however, go broody on wood chips once. Go figure.

Oh, and I'm totally snickering! But don't worry, I laugh at myself, too. :D

2 different shades of Chocolates and the lightest I think is Blonde... but we'll see. I have a few more wet Chocolates or Blondes in the hatcher still
yesss.gif
so of course you know I'll be posting more pics later, lol.

Back
Top Bottom