Uh oh... newbie with 2 week old Runners...

ChanceRider

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Somerset, CA
Last Saturday I adopted (saved?) two very young Runner ducks from a guy giving them away at a grocery store. I couldn't stand the thought of where they might wind up.... :::: shudder ::::

So, I have these two 10 - 14 day ducklings, and nine 5 week old chicks. For now, the ducks are on starter chick feed... the only problem is that it's medicated. I've been running myself around town trying to find non-medicated starter feed in a quantity of less than 50 lbs.

Should I bite the bullet and buy a 50# bag immediately, or will these guys be okay for a few days on the medicated?

Thanks for your replies... I really want to do what's best for these guys... they're SO dang cute! Oh, and any recommendations for books on ducks (Runners) for newbies?

errumm do ya have a tractor supply near ya?? I duno if they'd do well on a game chick feed but Dumor is normally sold at tractor supply and is nonmedicated feed
big_smile.png

Sorry cant hlep more than just that...oh and it's not in a 50lb bag smaller, maybe 20-30 lbs too lazy to get up and look ha ha

Sadly, no... there's no TSC near me. I'd give my eye teeth for one though! Our feed stores are primarily equine focused... so I can get just about anything and everything for my horses but since I'm so new to poultry, don't have resources yet.

Back
Top Bottom