Uh Oh, Sebbies in Incubator due today

Huny

Songster
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Sunny Southern Arizona
I say Uh Oh, because I don't have a way to candle them. Last I checked them was day 14, my children destroyed all my ways of candling. So I'm going off faith here. They were all swimming around day 14 (well the ones I kept). Today is day 28. Do I wait for them to pip, should I check and see if they are alive (not by candling, I don't have the means right now). Humidity is at 65% ( I have a Brinsea Octagon 24 with a humidity pump.) HELP!

Last edited:
I have 3 sebbies setting on 3 nest 9 eggs in 2 nests and 3 eggs in the third nest. The first hatch is 4/23 .

I was told to continue misting the eggs daily until the first external pip. You can make a candler out of a lamp and cardboard box, but that would require picking the eggs up, which is a big NO-NO at this point. You do need to increase the humidity, as well as mist the eggs. Good luck, sebbies are difficult at best.

Most geese are about day 28, but they can hatch as early as days 25-26 or as late as days 32-35. I'm sure they've gone longer, but these are the averages. Don't give up! Hope they hatch for you
smile.png
If not, TennesseeTruly had some baby sebbies, if she ships??
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom