Uh, one doesn't look like the rest, lol!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cjstanman, Sep 5, 2008.

1. cjstanman

cjstanman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Just north of Raleigh
    Hi! I'm a first-timer, bought 6 Barred Rocks and they are 3 weeks old now, all are doing great! However, one doesn't look like the others. Five are black and white. One is mostly black, face/beak looks different, and it's the biggest one of the bunch. I don't really mind, they all get along really well, but I'm curious - do some BRs just not "bar"? Here are a couple of pics. What's the solid black one in the corner? Thanks!!

[​IMG]

And here's another shot of him next to one of the 5 lookalikes.

[​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    looks like it has barred coming in on its wing. But awfully dark for a BR.. but i've never raised them so i dont know. All the BR chicks i;ve seen though were barred.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Hmm... not sure, but you got at least one boy I'd say! Second pic on the right.

4. cjstanman

cjstanman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Just north of Raleigh
    Thanks, silkiechicken! Then it looks overall like I've got 2 boys and 4 girls.

I wonder if my UFO is a Black Australorp. I went on Google Images and they had good pics from chick-size to grownup. Looks almost identical.

But either way, it's all good!! [​IMG]

5. daddyssteeler

daddyssteeler Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2008
    North Carolina
    we had a baby balck austrolorp it looks alot like that it did have a little bit of white on the chest though

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

Quote:just what i was thinking,, i just sold 30 of em this week,, and she looks just like mine from the pic.

7. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I have about 60 of them..looks like an Australorp chick to me..lol!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by