Uhm... you deleted the ability to delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-read what I said. I called YOU no names whatsover. Now, since you are still here, that would not apply to you, now would it? Are you gone? No, you are still here discussing the issue. I knew someone would say I was namecalling, I just knew it.
barnie.gif
C'mon guys. Let's take a deep breath. I am not in charge of whether or not to have a delete feature; none of the mods are. Why don't you just see how it all comes down from on high and make no hasty decisions?

****And see how well you edited that, barg? I do not make the rules on this board. I follow the rules on this board, to the best of my ability because it simply is not my call. To compare posting rules on a private message board to the establishment of the United States by civil disobedience and the issues of freedom from tyranny is a bit much, IMO. As I said, I have no control over how this turns out...

Last edited:
The only difference between edit and delete is that others who read the thread later know that something was posted and then removed. So, if the continuity of the tread is confusing, at least they then know why without have to read and reread the thread to try to figure it out.

Chel

Quote:
You will notice, I do not post on the old site, it isn't that I don't know where it is.
Quote:
It is true that you did not use my name in the same sentance but the implication was clear.

Quote:
This responce is a no brainer: if the shoe fits
lol.png

It could be that your reading my posts in the wrong tone, or maybe I'm missreading yours, but gosh it sounds like your upset.
I never said I was going anywhere, I said that I would take the appropriate action.
I have no intention of causeing some sort of ruccus on this board over this issue.
I see this board as a simbiotic relationship, I get something from it and so does the owner of this board.
Every word that I, and everyone else here, type on this board, helps to promote this board.

Unfortunatly I see that relationship changeing and as such, I will change my attitudes toward it.

Quote:
The last time they made a change, they said it was to keep people from deleteing other peoples posts, now they have taken it one step further.
Based on the track record, I am left to conclude about what will be taken next.

Quote:
The United states was founded on the ideals of two conflicting points of view; that of Jefferson and that of Maddison.
The maddison camp belived in Laws Rules and control, while the jefferson camp was more interested in freedoms, liberty and the ability of the people to govern themselves.
The devide of those ideals have persisted to this day, and I think that is evident in this discussion.

One' Ideal are not compromised simply because someone chooses to try and trivialise their importance.
Wether you choose to agree with me on this subject is your choice, as I have said, I will take appropriate action in the future, based on the actions already initiated; If that simply means posting less,then it is to the detrement of this board... but so be it.

I think we are done here.

Arguing about this is dumb.
Being disrepectful to a moderator on this board is unacceptable.
If you have an issue with a moderator, take it up with him or her privately.

Removing the delete feature will certainly not inhibit members from posting constructive contributions to the forums. However, if it helps members to review their comments and reconsider some of the negative (see below) posts that sometime prevail, then I believe that most of the members will be happy with the results.
(edited to make my own point by removing "insulting and argumentative" and replacing with the word "negative")

Chel

Sorry Terrie, I stepped away to get coffee and missed that you had closed the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom