UK Member Please Say HI

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Habibs Hens, Apr 23, 2012.

1. KirstieJG

KirstieJG Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2015
    I have just decided to put 6 black copper maran eggs in the incubator. This will be the last hatch this year. I might stick a bantam silkie polish cross in there too. Just for curiosity :)

2. hensanity

hensanity Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2015
    Burton, Cheshire, UK

These are my Black Coppers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bluebonnet is my only Blue Copper.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi there!!

Lovely pics. Really like your set up. Have you got anything incubating now? I have some exciting news, one of my little polish has gone broody :yesss:
    Never thought they would but she is ~
    [​IMG]

Only three days but doing ok. Have got 27 due for lockdown tomorrow in the incubator so hopefully I will be over run again with chicks.
    Bet you can't wait for October, that will be so nice for you :thumbsup

KirstieJG, good luck with the eggs and really last hatch? :idunno I keep saying last but it never works!!

4. chookchook007

chookchook007 New Egg

Jun 17, 2015
    hi all .

im uk westmidlands .. [​IMG]

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Hi there :frow

Glad you could join the thread! What chickens do you have?

6. Hi. I'm in Blackpool, Lancashire. I have eight chickens in my back garden. One each of Cream Legbar, white Sussex, white leghorn, rir, Speckledy, blue ranger, black maran and wheaten maran. I also have 12 ducks. [​IMG]My girls give me an interest away from caring for my three disabled kids. :) [​IMG]

7. hensanity

hensanity Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2015
    Burton, Cheshire, UK

My husband is still making changes to our runs, we are increasing the amount of runs lol, as well as moving things around a bit but he's got a firm idea in his head of how he wants it. Eventually we will have three rows with four runs in each row, a gate for each run and a walkway between the rows. We believe that since we have the space it's nice to give the chickens plenty of room to free range. He also plans to add more trees to give it almost a woodland look. We're really excited to finally be able to do what we'd like to the land (the whole thing has been in probate for years). He's even adding me a summerhouse at some point!
    I'm literally counting the days until October lol. :woot
    We're fixing to put in some of our own eggs to verify fertility, so very soon we'll have more babies! Good luck with your babies, your polish is gorgeous!! :drool

Hiya! :frow

[

Hiya! :frow Sounds like you have your hands full!

8. chookchook007

chookchook007 New Egg

Jun 17, 2015
    i started off with 3 free girls given to me and got hooked .. so got a brinsea polyhtch and have buff orpingons, copper black marans, silkie, mini seramas, yellow duth bantam and mini appleyards..
    i thik ive become n chicken addict..lol

9. chickens galore

chickens galore Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2015
    bridgend south wales uk
    Chickens are definitely addictive, so many lovely breeds, when do you stop,I sneak to buy extra feed so hubby don't realize how many we now have ;-)

10. Hiya Hensanity. Yes I have my hands full but life is never boring! ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by