UK Member Please Say HI

Pics

@Fliss & @gingerchook Glad you could join the thread!

@rebrascora Where are you? How are things? All good I'm hoping :fl

South Yorkshire girl here guys anyone else near .so glad theres more uk people on here first time hatching for me we have silkies in our bator ,only 6 days left yeay
im also a horse person I have a new forest gelding n a little caspien mare Both age 6 aswell as 2 dogs and 2 cayuga ducks oh n 3 children so always busy

cant wait for my little silkies to hatch im super excited

South Yorkshire girl here guys anyone else near .so glad theres more uk people on here first time hatching for me we have silkies in our bator ,only 6 days left yeay
im also a horse person I have a new forest gelding n a little caspien mare Both age 6 aswell as 2 dogs and 2 cayuga ducks oh n 3 children so always busy

cant wait for my little silkies to hatch im super excited

Hi there :frow

I'm in a East Yorkshire, up near Goole. Sounds like you are super busy there. I too have a horse, an ex racer called Harry. He's 19 now and I've had him for 12 years. I'm also an incubating addict. Just can't get enough of it. It's lots of fun and great when you see them hatch. Good luck with your silkies hope you have a great hatch. I've not done silkies as I have all polish barring an amber hen. I was going to get some silkie eggs of my friend but both her hens have gone broody so no egg available at the moment. To be quite honest I've run out of room right now, have got 21 polish for sale still that are in the brooding shed and a polish hen that has hatched of 4 chicks last weekend in my spare coop and run so I'm full up right now. Going to try to get one more batch of eggs done before the end of the summer though.

Keep us posted on your silkies.

Hi there :frow

I'm in a East Yorkshire, up near Goole. Sounds like you are super busy there. I too have a horse, an ex racer called Harry. He's 19 now and I've had him for 12 years. I'm also an incubating addict. Just can't get enough of it. It's lots of fun and great when you see them hatch. Good luck with your silkies hope you have a great hatch. I've not done silkies as I have all polish barring an amber hen. I was going to get some silkie eggs of my friend but both her hens have gone broody so no egg available at the moment. To be quite honest I've run out of room right now, have got 21 polish for sale still that are in the brooding shed and a polish hen that has hatched of 4 chicks last weekend in my spare coop and run so I'm full up right now. Going to try to get one more batch of eggs done before the end of the summer though.

Keep us posted on your silkies.

wow I love polish they nxt on my list lol ,shame your not abit closer I would have had some off you .
im nervous and excited all at the same I don't think I was this nervous when I went into labour with my kids lol .

Afternoon all.

Poland enthusiast from South Devon here, around the half-way point between Janner-land (Plymouth) and Chiefs-Country (Exeter) - which I suppose only makes any sense if you have an interest in sport or are from South Devon...

Anyway, recently got myself a couple of Black Marans for some variety, but I love those crazy Polands! Got me a couple of Gold Laced and 2 6-weekers White Crested Black. Got 'foxed' not too long ago, so super vigilant!!

Anyway! Hi all!

SO very excited here!! Out of the first 24 eggs (from our breeding stock) that we put in the incubator, 23 have made it to lockdown!!!! Went into lockdown yesterday morning and just checked and already have two chipping away!! I love hearing the peeps and pips coming from the bator! So, we have established fertility for five of our breeds and hopefully plenty of baby chicks soon. We have had so many people inquiring as to when we'll have POL birds ready lol, fingers crossed it keeps up like this!

My black rocks are getting so big and we're working hard on a run and shed for them and my brahmas. Lol, so that makes eight runs so far and hubby has put up the electric fence to include room for a total of 15!

My baby Cream Crested Legbars are getting their crests in and it's just too cute! One didn't develop it's crest at all but a neighbor wants to buy her at POL, she just wants the blue eggs lol. I'll try to get pics up soon. I am so happy that this hobby of mine seems to be turning into a profitable business!!

Hope your chicks are doing good kristie!!

Val

Oh, and hi to all the new UK members from Cheshire!!!

SO very excited here!! Out of the first 24 eggs (from our breeding stock) that we put in the incubator, 23 have made it to lockdown!!!! Went into lockdown yesterday morning and just checked and already have two chipping away!! I love hearing the peeps and pips coming from the bator! So, we have established fertility for five of our breeds and hopefully plenty of baby chicks soon. We have had so many people inquiring as to when we'll have POL birds ready lol, fingers crossed it keeps up like this!

My black rocks are getting so big and we're working hard on a run and shed for them and my brahmas. Lol, so that makes eight runs so far and hubby has put up the electric fence to include room for a total of 15!

My baby Cream Crested Legbars are getting their crests in and it's just too cute! One didn't develop it's crest at all but a neighbor wants to buy her at POL, she just wants the blue eggs lol. I'll try to get pics up soon. I am so happy that this hobby of mine seems to be turning into a profitable business!!

Hope your chicks are doing good kristie!!

Val

Oh, and hi to all the new UK members from Cheshire!!!

That's excellent fertility, congratulations :clap

Good luck with the hatch. Sounds like things are going great there for you. Hope the profits start rolling in!!

Thank you! The one egg that didn't make it was actually fertile but stopped for some reason. We have 8 babies hatched out so far!

These first two hatched out last night lol.

The first three out of the incubator, 1 Black Copper and 1 Blue Copper Maran, and 1 Light Sussex. Five others just hatched out with more still chipping away!

Out of the 23 eggs that made it to lock down, we hatched out 21 healthy babies!!

We ended up with 5 Light Sussex, 5 Barred Rocks, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 4 French Wheaten Marans, 2 Blue Copper Marans and 2 Black Copper Marans. I am thrilled with the hatch and now we can feel confident selling our eggs and babies!

Back
Top Bottom