UK Member Please Say HI

View attachment 1164923 View attachment 1164924 View attachment 1164925

My bunny had to be put to sleep last week so I cleaned out the garage and got a new metal run and moved the quails to garage for winter to stop the water freezing and make it easier for me to clean them out etc so this is their new winter cottage they seem pretty happy still getting some eggs too :)

Sorry to hear about your bunny :hugs

That sure does look cosy for your quail, so bright and airy.

Here is Joffrey He will be 7 weeks old on Monday.
Last night was the first night I left them in the coop without bringing them in. It was blowing a gale and I was worried that I picked the wrong night or they would freeze or a fox would get them So I anxiously opened the coop door this morning and they all casually strutted out one by one quite content with themselves. Bless them.

OMG! Joffrey sure has grown, where has the time gone :old Can you see any slight blue in his feathers?

Yes that first night is always a worry but I’m glad they were all ok this morning. They are always more resilient than you think. Is your coop super protected from foxes? They are a nightmare and can find ways in that you would not think of :mad:

0E6FB7AF-B892-40DB-8ED0-C6F03CFD98D2.jpeg
Thanks he was an amazing boy he was nearly 10 years old and had only had an ear infection about 5 months ago and that was it so perfect bunny really :love

The squailies seems to be liking it but the boy is being a bit annoying and chasing the girls but hopeful it will all calm down again

How many boys and girls did you get or are they not old enough to tell yet ? X I only have quails at the mo but I want to get a small flock of female bantams in the future maybe 5 or 6 but I think I will need to move further out as I have close neighbours so would be worried about noise and also make sure they have enough space to free range a bit / large area enclosed with chicken fencing

I think we've been really lucky - I'm pretty sure we have just 3 boys - 2 of the marans and one pekin. I really love our little banties and I don't think the girls are too noisy to be honest - our neighbours have noticed but not complained so far! Ours are free-ranging at the moment but i'm debating giving them a section of garden because poo on the patio is getting a bit boring! Not sure though tbh, I quite like them roaming all around as well.

View attachment 1165251
Thanks he was an amazing boy he was nearly 10 years old and had only had an ear infection about 5 months ago and that was it so perfect bunny really :love

The squailies seems to be liking it but the boy is being a bit annoying and chasing the girls but hopeful it will all calm down again

He sure looks a cutie!
Is 10 a good age for a rabbit? I’ve never kept them before and don’t know much about them.

Are the quail settling now? I know my birds don’t like change either.

They look great! If I d it terrible t9 get good pics, I end up taking loads and only an odd one or two are any good :lol:

oh lordy, it's posted them all twice...sorry everyone...i'll get the hang of this one day :th:rolleyes:

For a certain amount of time you can go back and edit your posts if you wish. But dont worry, plenty post things more than once. I know I have numerous times!

I think we've been really lucky - I'm pretty sure we have just 3 boys - 2 of the marans and one pekin. I really love our little banties and I don't think the girls are too noisy to be honest - our neighbours have noticed but not complained so far! Ours are free-ranging at the moment but i'm debating giving them a section of garden because poo on the patio is getting a bit boring! Not sure though tbh, I quite like them roaming all around as well.

Will you try and rehome a couple of your boys?

@rebrascora

Hi Barbara,

Hope your having a good weekend? Is Zak coming on ok?
A quick question, have you ever used alfalfa haylage?
Another livery down at the yard has said I can use some of hers as she bought in bulk when she had 2 horse’s. It’s big baled stuff and she said she would rather give it away then throw it away as she will never get through it with just one on it. Her horse is allergic to all sorts of grasses so that’s why she has to have the alfalfa. But I’ve never used it before and am a tad unsure of it :confused:

Back
Top Bottom