UK Member Please Say HI

Crikey @Chickencountryuk sounds like you are under pressure there! I’ve done coop and run cleaning again today, not that the runs look much better. Rained again today with some sun and it’s been quite gusty. In fact it seemed to be blowing a gale when I went to do the horses!

Charlie is on half term this week so at least he’s been in to dog sit his spaniel. That’s freed me up a bit to get some jobs done. Other than the usual traumas of life it’s going ok here.

Are you a HGV driver with doing your CPC course?
Yeah. It's not the best of jobs but it pays the bills! My kids are on h/t next week. I'll get them working I think! It's been quite sunny today and no rain forecast till Sunday night. We'll see!
My little girl horse rides she really enjoys it. We used to have a horse pre children days! I also used to be a polo groom! That was fun. It's how I met my wife!

My dad has been one all his life. Doesn’t do the long distance anymore though, only yard shunting and local runs out of a feed mill. He’s home every night now, which I’m sure drive’s my mum crazy!

I enjoy riding too when I get the chance to get out on a Harry. Been a busy couple of months here so I have been sporadic. I really need to make the effort though now as he’s not getting any younger at 21 :old

A polo groom, hard work and not a lot of money I bet? At least it had a good outcome of you meeting your wife.

21 a good age! Loads left in him! I did the grooming in the army. So pay wasn't that good. But it got me out of sleeping in muddy holes and fatigues! I was in Germany and traveled more with the horses than any thing else. We also had a clydesdale drum horse called peninsula.
Roll on summer though. You can do so much more and not feel it's midnight at 6 pm!

I would certainly take the grooming over muddy puddles!
That’s a grand name for the Clydesdale, Peninsula! Love it.

Yeah I can’t wait for the summer, me and my friend usually get out riding in the mornings then. Nice and quiet on the roads at 5-6 in a morning :D

I do vintage ploughing aswell and always see the working horses there. I'd like to try that. I've a soft spot for the Suffolk punch and Belgium draught. Big gentle giants. Maybe one day. I need a bigger plot of land though!

I used to ride a friends Suffolk punch called Patrick. He was big, beautiful and extremely steady away. I rode him right up to being 6 months pregnant with Charlie. You really couldn’t ask for a more quiet horse. I didn’t have Harry then but used to do mucking out jobs in exchange for riding.

You would defo need a bigger plot of land for a heavy horse and a plough! My uncle goes to those ploughing match things, he’s got an old tractor. A grey Massey Ferguson I think it is :idunno

Thanks to @Yorkshire Coop and @Chickencountryuk
I felt so sorry for her. She was so sweet and didn’t peck me, just puffed her feathers out a bit. I locked her out of the coop and run and when I came back from walking the dogs she was sitting under the nesting box looking really soulful :barnie
Ok, I’ll keep an eye on her. I have a large dog crate so she can go in that if it persists.
Thank you :thumbsup

Oh lol, ive yet to learn the art of what to to with hens or eggs when they lay. I was thinking its an easy process lol. But still its a wonderful hobby. :thumbsup

Oh lol, ive yet to learn the art of what to to with hens or eggs when they lay. I was thinking its an easy process lol. But still its a wonderful hobby. :thumbsup
There's never a dull moment! We're all learning all the time. If your unsure about anything please just ask. Getting hens was one of the best decisions I've made !

Back
Top Bottom