UK Member Please Say HI

Hope everyone survived the terrible storm relatively unscathed.
We only had snow and bitter cold from the storm here in in NY. Some damage to the Eastern pine trees but otherwise ok.
Glad everyone good I live in Ireland right now and we only got a small bit of snow but very cold had put heaters in all the coops
What breed r ur 2 dogs they look absolutely class

We’ve had no snow yet except a couple of very fine snowflakes which fell this morning as I was starting up my car. We’ve had quite a bit of rain but I wouldn’t say anything out of the ordinary for where I live.

It’s super unusual though, we always get it bad where I live and when they say snow, we get like 10ft of the stuff...

Nothing yet except still some gusty wind. However, there is some super dark clouds looking to be hitting us within the next hour or so!

Hi everyone. Have been a member here for a few years but had a 'cancer break' 2013. Had some amazing chickens since the first were bought for me and that means a few very different birds along the way, Light Sussex, Black Maran, Bluebell, Amberlink to name a few........
Have seen these questions around on the site and thought they make a pretty good introduction !

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
First chickens were March 2009.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 3 (have had a max of 5), just lost our beautiful Light Sussex to a very virulent respiratory disease.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Needwood / Cream Legbar, Welsummer & a Rhode Island.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The fun watching them, very relaxing, never get bored watching them exploring the gardens and seeing their personalities develop - including how they interact with us.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and DIY.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm married with 4 kids and 2 grandkids. Had to take early retirement, managed 2yrs of 'The Good Life' then offered a business opportunity (very part-time) so currently supplementing my pensions.......

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I have been using the site for the excellent advice and can hopefully share whatever knowledge I have and will pick up in the future. And hope it also results in making some friends be they local or far and wide along the way .

Hi everyone. Have been a member here for a few years but had a 'cancer break' 2013. Had some amazing chickens since the first were bought for me and that means a few very different birds along the way, Light Sussex, Black Maran, Bluebell, Amberlink to name a few........
Have seen these questions around on the site and thought they make a pretty good introduction !

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
First chickens were March 2009.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 3 (have had a max of 5), just lost our beautiful Light Sussex to a very virulent respiratory disease.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Needwood / Cream Legbar, Welsummer & a Rhode Island.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The fun watching them, very relaxing, never get bored watching them exploring the gardens and seeing their personalities develop - including how they interact with us.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and DIY.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm married with 4 kids and 2 grandkids. Had to take early retirement, managed 2yrs of 'The Good Life' then offered a business opportunity (very part-time) so currently supplementing my pensions.......

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I have been using the site for the excellent advice and can hopefully share whatever knowledge I have and will pick up in the future. And hope it also results in making some friends be they local or far and wide along the way .
Hello There BFB,
Glad to know that you are now feeling so much better.
To be working in some capacity is always therapeutic and gives a feeling of well being. I'm late 70's and still work part time and enjoy it.
I would love to have a cream legbar but I have no room for more than my 4 chickens. I was interested in your Needwood as we got our Bluebell and Sussex Star from the Needwood area in Staffordshre. I wondered if they originate from there?
Good health.

Is everyone surviving storm Dennis then? Lost one hen to sour crop and had to give away my white star boy since he was just too rough with the ladies. But I've picked up replacement... Little bit misled about their age and it'll turn out to be one boy and one girl instead but for now I'm working off two girls named Wendy and Wilma!

IMG_20200221_153530.jpg

they're cute - Silkies? We survived Dennis but the ground is really saturated; could do with some sun as well as wind now! I had to cull a hen with relapsed prolapse yesterday; it seemed to have healed over the winter but on resumption of laying it returned worse than before, bleeding and obviously distressing her :( RIP Lily.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah they are. If I had more space I'd have gotten more since they were £5 each. I think there's going to be more wind and rain before it dries up.

Back
Top Bottom