UK Member Please Say HI

Perris

Still learning
Jan 28, 2018
Gower, Wales
you've got traditional breeds, so one (or more) might go broody during the spring or summer; if so, and your parents OK it, you could buy some hatching eggs, and increase your flock that way. Using a broody has many advantages, not least better biosecurity and automatic integration of the newbies; it's also wonderful to watch a broody teach her chicks how to be a chicken :D

James22martin66

In the Brooder
Jan 18, 2021
you've got traditional breeds, so one (or more) might go broody during the spring or summer; if so, and your parents OK it, you could buy some hatching eggs, and increase your flock that way. Using a broody has many advantages, not least better biosecurity and automatic integration of the newbies; it's also wonderful to watch a broody teach her chicks how to be a chicken :D
It an option I have been considering, but I think it will be hard to convince them as we are already getting lots of eggs. My mum was against chickens all together, but my dad was and still is keen. It might be more likely getting permision for something rare/endangered like hookbills or other ducks/chickens.

SpotTheCat

Songster
Jan 19, 2021
UK
Hello,
I am in the west midlands and will hopefully be hatching chicken eggs sometime in march.
does anyone know of a good places to get booted bantam hatching eggs?
I was looking a Chartley chucks Has anyone hatched eggs from them?

Top Bottom