UK Member Please Say HI

you've got traditional breeds, so one (or more) might go broody during the spring or summer; if so, and your parents OK it, you could buy some hatching eggs, and increase your flock that way. Using a broody has many advantages, not least better biosecurity and automatic integration of the newbies; it's also wonderful to watch a broody teach her chicks how to be a chicken :D

you've got traditional breeds, so one (or more) might go broody during the spring or summer; if so, and your parents OK it, you could buy some hatching eggs, and increase your flock that way. Using a broody has many advantages, not least better biosecurity and automatic integration of the newbies; it's also wonderful to watch a broody teach her chicks how to be a chicken :D
It an option I have been considering, but I think it will be hard to convince them as we are already getting lots of eggs. My mum was against chickens all together, but my dad was and still is keen. It might be more likely getting permision for something rare/endangered like hookbills or other ducks/chickens.

Hello,
I am in the west midlands and will hopefully be hatching chicken eggs sometime in march.
does anyone know of a good places to get booted bantam hatching eggs?
I was looking a Chartley chucks Has anyone hatched eggs from them?

hello,been quite mild here in my part of staffordshire today so I,ve been outside clearing the area i want to put the chicken coop in and planning in my head how much room I,ll give to the run .I,ve got a lge garden but find it hard to keep up so the chickens can have quite a bit .I,m only getting 3 for now but i know all about chicken math having had them before . hope to get them by april so they,ll have the summer to settle and i can work out any kinks in their living arrangements .So excited !

hello, I,ll be getting my chickens in a couple of mths so I thought about putting together a basic first aid box .can anyone tell me what to put in it and where to get them .thanks in advance .

hello, I,ll be getting my chickens in a couple of mths so I thought about putting together a basic first aid box .can anyone tell me what to put in it and where to get them .thanks in advance .
Hi, this is the website I used when i got my chickens a few months ago. not all the things on the list are essential, some of them dont need to be that specific brand. For example, Verm-x could be substituted for a different type of wormer.
https://youshouldgrow.com/first-aid-chickens/

Thankyou for the info , i realise i,ve already got some equipment ,syringes etc so i will start with the meds .verm x I used the last time I had chickens but I never had a first aid box .this time I,m doing it properly .thanks again .

Back
Top Bottom